Pc to HDMI - no signal? Was previously working earlier in the day

halulu

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
Hi, I had my friend help me build a computer recently, he has a degree in computer science.. He set up the bios and all the other driver thingies for me. The display WAS working because he installed the OS on the PC, it's the exact same hdmi cable, same monitor ( a toshiba 29" television I just bought today ) and when I got home, plugged it back into the same ports he had, it couldn't find a signal? (Hdmi 1, but I tried all of the options just in case)

Any ideas as to why this happened? I'll ask him again tomorrow, I just wanted to know the possibilities right now. Impatient! :p

Thank you for your time!

aredflyingbird

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012

Is the HDMI cable plugged in to the video card/motherboard I/O? Anyway[strike]s[/strike] follow this guide: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

kavn84

Reputable
May 19, 2014

I had the same problem.I have a sony vaio laptop. I had a TV connected using HDMI, it used to work fine, but one day it did not. The VGA cable still worked fine.

Here is the solution: Reboot PC. Go to bios, by pressing F2 or which ever key is correct for your computer. In the Bios setting, Disable Intel Visualization technology. Reboot computer. And it should work. If there is no such option, go to bios and restore original bios setting from the bios menu.