[SOLVED] PC turns off and the CPU debug led goes on. After a few minutes, it restart itself and works as if nothing happened.

Aug 17, 2021
Greetings!

This problem happened 5 months ago, stopped and now is happening again. First, the specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600x
MoBo: MSI X570 A-PRO
RAM: DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz (4x8gb)
PSU: Corsair CX600
GVA: GT210 1Gb (my 1080Ti died and i'm not buying a new gpu with these insane prices!)

The problem: PC turns off and, after it tries to restart itself, the CPU debug led goes on and stays like that for a random number of minutes. Sometimes it's 2 minutes, sometimes it's 10, sometimes it's 30. Then the debug led goes off and the PC start working normally. Then, after a random number of minutes/hours, he turns off and the cycle repeats itself.

My first tought was CPU temperature, but i started monitoring and it never goes higher than 50º C. Now i'm starting to think it's a motherboard problem.

When it happened 5 months ago, someone said something about reseting the CMOS. I tried, but it didn't worked, and a few days later the problem stopped all by himself. Now it's happening again and i don't have a clue of what's causing it.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Greetings!

This problem happened 5 months ago, stopped and now is happening again. First, the specs:

GVA: GT210 1Gb (my 1080Ti died and i'm not buying a new gpu with these insane prices!)

The problem: PC turns off and, after it tries to restart itself, the CPU debug led goes on and stays like that for a random number of minutes. Sometimes it's 2 minutes, sometimes it's 10, sometimes it's 30. Then the debug led goes off and the PC start working normally. Then, after a random number of minutes/hours, he turns off and the cycle repeats itself.

My first tought was CPU temperature, but i started monitoring and it never goes higher...
Greetings!

My first tought was CPU temperature, but i started monitoring and it never goes higher than 50º C. Now i'm starting to think it's a motherboard problem.

When it happened 5 months ago, someone said something about reseting the CMOS. I tried, but it didn't worked, and a few days later the problem stopped all by himself. Now it's happening again and i don't have a clue of what's causing it.

Thanks in advance!
It may not be the bios needing to be reset you may need to update the bios
Newest mobo bios linked bellow
https://download.msi.com/bos_exe/mb/7C37vHE.zip

Greetings!

Thanks in advance!
You also have 4 sticks of ram when you tried clearing the bios and first built the pc did you enable ryzens docp for dual channel ram if not that would 99% likely be your issue running 4 sticks in single channel harms the the decoding this is still common with only dual sticks but more common with 4 because all the delays.

Aug 17, 2021
You also have 4 sticks of ram when you tried clearing the bios and first built the pc did you enable ryzens docp for dual channel ram if not that would 99% likely be your issue running 4 sticks in single channel harms the the decoding this is still common with only dual sticks but more common with 4 because all the delays.

But would that light up the CPU debug led?

Greetings!

Thanks in advance!

Try removing 2 sticks of ram to see if that's causing boot issues...take out A1 and B1 and see if it still happens. If the problem goes away I would suggest boosting the ram voltage from 1.20v up by 0.05 increments until it stabilizes, but avoid going above 1.40v.

If it does still happen with the 2 sticks removed I would then unplug and reconnect all power cables on the PC to make sure all connections are tight.

Solution
Try removing 2 sticks of ram to see if that's causing boot issues...take out A1 and B1 and see if it still happens. If the problem goes away I would suggest boosting the ram voltage from 1.20v up by 0.05 increments until it stabilizes, but avoid going above 1.40v.

If it does still happen with the 2 sticks removed I would then unplug and reconnect all power cables on the PC to make sure all connections are tight.
Wow wtf is everyone jumping to the hard stuff first and not doing the simple things no everyone goes straight disassemble your pc

Aug 17, 2021

So i checked and my memories are running in dual channel.

Dual channel vs single channel is not decided by enabling docp/xmp profiles. Dual channel vs single channel is purely a hardware issue decide by populating 1 stick of ram vs two in slots A2 and B2.

Since the OP has 4 sticks of ram he's already in dual channel mode since all 4 slots are populated.

Enabling docp/xmp will give him a boost in ram speed and possibly tighten memory timings based on the docp/xmp profile burned into the ram if the BIOS is still running the default memory setting.

"Wow wtf is everyone jumping to the hard stuff first and not doing the simple things no everyone goes straight disassemble your pc "

Removing 2 sticks of ram to see if fully populating the memory slots is causing issues is a common diagnostic step as many motherboards require extra voltage to the chipset and/or ram to support 4 sticks.

Dual channel vs single channel is not decided by enabling docp/xmp profiles. Dual channel vs single channel is purely a hardware issue decide by populating 1 stick of ram vs two in slots A2 and B2.

Since the OP has 4 sticks of ram he's already in dual channel mode since all 4 slots are populated.

Enabling docp/xmp will give him a boost in ram speed and possibly tighten memory timings based on the docp/xmp profile burned into the ram if the BIOS is still running the default memory setting.

"Wow wtf is everyone jumping to the hard stuff first and not doing the simple things no everyone goes straight disassemble your pc "

Removing 2 sticks of ram to see if fully populating the memory slots is causing issues is a common diagnostic step as many motherboards require extra voltage to the chipset and/or ram to support 4 sticks.
Never said it enable dual channel if you reread it says for dual channel. Dosnt mean enable.

Yes and also requires you to start opening up you pc and taking things out to diagnose i.e start taking apart the system... when there are similar things to start with that don't involve disassembling your whole tower if you have it tucked away just to pull it out and start removing things.
Tapped post before I was done with the last. Thing I said.