Question PC turns on and runs, but there's no display

RookieFir

Reputable
Mar 4, 2020
Hello!
I've got this trouble for several weeks now, but it only got worse today. Basically what happens is:

- I turn the PC on, get one beep as usual, the motherboard logo shows up as always, but then it just fades to black again and a message from my monitor appears - "Entering power save mode". I tried clicking the buttons on the monitor, but they just repeat - "There is no signal coming from your computer. Press any key on the keyboard or move the mouse to wake it up and etc.*. The PC is still running, since I can see the CPU and cooling fans spinning and the rgb thing on my GPU light up.
After I press the power button several times, I think like 3 or 4, I can sometimes get into low res mode if I'm lucky. From there I could switch to safe mode, which uses the Microsoft Display thing instead of my GPU. I tried using some commands like "chkdsk" and "sfc /scannow"? They said they found some stuff and fixed it, and for the first couple of times, after using the scannow thing, I could sometimes just get back into my normal desktop as usual after a restart, but sometimes it wouldn't work either.

This basically went on for couple of weeks, it was a rare day that my PC would turn on normally, but usually I could just get to my desktop after several restarts like that.

Yesterday I tried turning it on again, but the display just remains black, even after a lot of restarts I can't get back into low res mode, it sometimes just shows me the "Automatic repair. Your PC did not start correctly." screen. I tried restarting from there, or used "Startup repair" but it still does nothing and on the next restart I just get a blank screen again. I can, however, still get to the safe mode from this screen, by using troubleshoot and stuff. Other than that, it still won't restart to my normal desktop.

I tried checking all the cables, switching the monitor ports in my GPU, looked around a bunch of forums, and it seems a lot of people have similar problem as well, but couldn't find any answers still. I'm not even sure if this is a problem with the GPU, so I'm really sorry if I posted this to the wrong board.

I only kind of get the feeling it is the GPU, because my monitor says there's no response from the PC, even though it's plugged into the GPU and of this weird thing that happened, I guess I should mention. Basically on one day, after getting to my normal desktop, after restarting several times, I decided to play Skyrim, with this mod called ENB, which is pretty graphically intensive to update the game's graphics. After I launched the game, my mouse's sensitivity got kinda clunky and after a few minutes, some fans just suddenly went to max speed. It never happened to me before, so I got scared and just turned off the game. Only furthered my feeling that maybe it is something graphics related?

But yeah, that's about it. I'm really sorry if I worded something badly, or if you need any further details, please just ask, I'll provide anything to the best of my ability. Thank you in advance, any help is really appreciated, since I'm completely stumped at the moment.

Oh and I should add specs I think, I hope this helps.
SSD - PNY CS3030 1TB SSD
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz
Motherboard - Gigabyte Technology B460M DS3H
Monitor (I'm not sure if it helps, but I'll add it anyway) - Dell P2214H

Please tell me if I forgot to add anything, I'll check my PC in and out if needed.

I turn the PC on, get one beep as usual, the motherboard logo shows up as always, but then it just fades to black again and a message from my monitor appears
I could sometimes just get back into my normal desktop as usual after a restart, but sometimes it wouldn't work either.
I decided to play Skyrim, with this mod called ENB, which is pretty graphically intensive to update the game's graphics. After I launched the game, my mouse's sensitivity got kinda clunky and after a few minutes, some fans just suddenly went to max speed. It never happened to me before
I'm just trying to follow symptom and issue.

It seems when it wants to the GPU will function.

It seems Pc will cough through and seldom but finally get to a normal boot.

I seems you were fine on the PC before the install of the Skyrim mod. If not please give more information.

So without blaming Skyrim yup that's the issue or on the flip side hardware.

You can speed up the solution finding where the issue is with a quick test.

Pull your current Windows OS drive and throw in a spare ssd and install Windows on it unregistered.

Load up Skyrim and all mods. What are the results.

If computer now works fine it was a software issue/ conflict.

If computer runs the same it points to hardware issue.

In the event it was hardware that needed replaced than you still have your untouched full original Windows install with all you work that just needs to be switched back in and a driver update for the replaced defective parts.

If though with the spare ssd and the test install of Windows + game the computer works perfect.

It's time for you to save your personal stuff off your original OS drive and than reinstall Windows and reinstall games and programs.