Question PC unabe to boot! Help!

Jun 8, 2019
So recently my pc keep suddenly shut down when i was gaming or watching youtube. The screen goes black, the numlock on the keyboard turn off too but the fan still spinning! I wait for like 5 minutes and the fan were still spinning! I tried to hold the power button but it still not shutdown. Usually after it shutdown i can turn it back on. But this time its just straight up dead. I tried everything from switching the RAM, tried another mainboard, take the GPU out, tried other RaM, clear CMOS... and it still doesnt work! Maybe that the CPU is dead but im not sure.
My mainboard: Biostar G31 M7 TE (7yrs old)
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6500 2.93Ghz
RAM: 2GB DDR2
PSU: Orient VN 650W

Help guys!

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019
Define "new". Was it just recently purchased (a few days ago)? Sometimes, people use this term incorrectly. Was it purchased before or after the problem started?
Oh ok, i purchased the PSU before the problem start. Its previous PSU died becuz i restart the PC too many times in a hour (40 or 50 im not sure). I restart the PC cuz sometimes, the PC refuse to start so I have to open the case and start to switching things randomly until its start.
help

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I think it's retirement time for the PC. I'm not saying don't try to fix it you can try and by all means do So. But that system pretty much obsolete.

What OS do you run on 2GB DDR2? Windows XP? What games?

Does the motherboard have a buzzer/speaker? Do you hear any beeps?

jason201

Prominent
Feb 20, 2018
Oh ok, i purchased the PSU before the problem start. Its previous PSU died becuz i restart the PC too many times in a hour (40 or 50 im not sure). I restart the PC cuz sometimes, the PC refuse to start so I have to open the case and start to switching things randomly until its start.
help
Then I'd say the advice you were previously given is spot on!
The problem described definitely sounds power related, and Orient is not a reputable brand. I'd strongly recommend you try another PSU (preferably of a well known brand, such as Seasonic/Corsair/Antec/EVGA