[SOLVED] PC unable to boot after enabling Secure Boot.

Oct 6, 2021
Hello i have i problem.
I wanted to get WIN 11 but only thing i had to do was enable secure BOOT, so i went to BIOS enabled it, then saved and it booted me back to BIOS, then i went to PK keys and clicked on the 1st one and then it typed Something like 808 and other numbers, have no idea what that meant.

Then i saved a exited,and the PC couldnt boot into windows or BIOS, there is just black screen on my monitor and nothing is happening. So i turned it OFF and ON and the same thing happend black screen.

I already tried to reset CMOS by taking out the MB baterry for like 1min, that didnt work.

I also tried to reset it through 2 pins with screwdriver i hold it there for like 30s but that didnt help also.

When i turn on the PC, The Graphic Card is blinking like it’s keep turning ON and OFF,
and on the MOTHERBOARD there are 4 lights, 1 is BOOT and other 3 vga cpu dram lights are keep blinking red.

MY SPECS:
GPU: GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER Pal-it
RAM: Black Viper 3200mhz
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450 AORUS ELITE - AMD B450
PSU: Be quiet! System Power 9 - 600W

please help Idk what else to do.

Reactions: mott69
Solution
I dont know exactly why it worked but it worked for me...
1. I disconnected almost everything from my mainboard (ssd,hdd, front usb inputs, gpu, monitors, keyboard, mouse,)
the only thing left on my mainboard was cpu and his cooler and al the power suplly cables connected directly to mainboard
So it was naked motherboard without any inputs connected.
  1. i took out battery from mainboard and once again did cmos reset with my screwdriver (i did that 100 of times and nothing went better, but just in case i did it once more)
  2. I went to Gigabyte site to find last version of the file for flashing BIOS and downloaded it to my usb stick which was formatted on FAT32 and I gave the stick name BIOS (i dont know if the name of the stick...

Lutfij

Titan
I already tried to reset CMOS by taking out the MB baterry for like 1min
Try 30 mins, remove the battery after you've disconnected the system from the wall and the monitor.

Are you able to recall what BIOS version you were on prior to the "mishap"? Also, you're sure your motherboard isn't V2, correct?

Oct 6, 2021
I already tried to reset CMOS by taking out the MB baterry for like 1min
Try 30 mins, remove the battery after you've disconnected the system from the wall and the monitor.

Are you able to recall what BIOS version you were on prior to the "mishap"? Also, you're sure your motherboard isn't V2, correct?
Ok i will try 30 mins, and the board is definetly the first version. And the BIOS version im not exactly sure but it might have Been the latest one

dominik.gluscic

Reputable
Aug 9, 2018
I suceeded to get in bios when i put usb with bios file in mobo. I had connected just cpu, one RAM stick, keyboard, mouse and hdmi monitor. Then it said my bios is reseted. But when I connected everything else again (ssd,hdd,graphic card) it all went to <Mod Edit> again...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mott69

dominik.gluscic

Reputable
Aug 9, 2018
1. I disconnected almost everything from my mainboard (ssd,hdd, front usb inputs, gpu, monitors, keyboard, mouse,)
the only thing left on my mainboard was cpu and his cooler and al the power suplly cables connected directly to mainboard
  1. i took out battery from mainboard and once again did cmos reset with my screwdriver (i did that 100 of times and nothing went better, but just in case i did it once more)
  2. I went to Gigabyte site to find last version of the file for flashing BIOS and downloaded it to my usb stick which was formatted on FAT32 and I gave the stick name BIOS (i dont know if the name of the stick is important, but i'm telling all the details i could remember.
  3. I put USB stick with flash file (bios update) into one of the usb inputs directly on main board in that first where you will put your keyboard or a mouse, same line where you have those green and purple ps1 ps2 inputs
  4. at first few times i tried to turn the pc on, nothing happend
  5. Then i took out all of my RAM sticks out and tried to turn it on again few times without RAM, nothing happened again (still I had black screen and no booting of anything
  6. After a few times i put one of my RAM stick in and out, i finally put one stick in, turned the pc on again and Bios woke up with my usb for flashing bio in my mainboard, (I knew that something happened because pc was on all the time, it didn't go on and off every ten seconds anymore)
  7. then i risked to connect my monitor in motherboard and there was a message that cmos was reset
  8. i got in bios and flashed it from that usb stick
  9. When flashing was finnished, i put one at a time component back in the system (ssd, hdd, front usbs, and finally gpu, and it works now.
I will never ever try to put win 11 on this system.

There are some links that also somehow indirectly helped me to solve it :

I don't know which of this steps are necesary but i tried different combinations and this one helped...

Hope this will help somehow to find a way for solving it for you.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message.

Reactions: Exkxtit
Solution

dominik.gluscic

Reputable
Aug 9, 2018
I just remembered that when I was checking my system if it could run Windows 11, I had to change from Legacy to UEFI and before that I had to change my drive from MBR to GPT.
Then do what you need to do.
I won't install win 11. This all problem happened because i tried to get secure boot on.
And my CPU is kaby lake (not supported officialy for win 11.
I won't push it anymore.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Oct 6, 2021
  2. I went to Gigabyte site to find last version of the file for flashing BIOS and downloaded it to my usb stick which was formatted on FAT32 and I gave the stick name BIOS (i dont know if the name of the stick is important, but i'm telling all the details i could remember.
  3. I put USB stick with flash file (bios update) into one of the usb inputs directly on main board in that first where you will put your keyboard or a mouse, same line where you have those green and purple ps1 ps2 inputs
  4. at first few times i tried to turn the pc on, nothing happend
  5. Then i took out all of my RAM sticks out and tried to turn it on again few times without RAM, nothing happened again (still I had black screen and no booting of anything
  6. After a few times i put one of my RAM stick in and out, i finally put one stick in, turned the pc on again and Bios woke up with my usb for flashing bio in my mainboard, (I knew that something happened because pc was on all the time, it didn't go on and off every ten seconds anymore)
  7. then i risked to connect my monitor in motherboard and there was a message that cmos was reset
  8. i got in bios and flashed it from that usb stick
  9. When flashing was finnished, i put one at a time component back in the system (ssd, hdd, front usbs, and finally gpu, and it works now.
I will never ever try to put win 11 on this system.

There are some links that also somehow indirectly helped me to solve it :

I don't know which of this steps are necesary but i tried different combinations and this one helped...

Hope this will help somehow to find a way for solving it for you.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message.

hi thx for replying. do you have cpu with integrated graphics or no?

dominik.gluscic

Reputable
Aug 9, 2018
I dont have integrated, thats why it worked for you, i might have to contact amd for boot kit. Or ill try different gpu hope it will work, wish me luck
Try different outputs on your gpu if you have different adapters to use. For me DVI worked, HDMI didn't.
Maybe there is some kind of primary output on your gpu. This was just guessing, I don't have any actual proof that I'm right. Good luck to all of you!!!

Oct 6, 2021
Try different outputs on your gpu if you have different adapters to use. For me DVI worked, HDMI didn't.
Maybe there is some kind of primary output on your gpu. This was just guessing, I don't have any actual proof that I'm right. Good luck to all of you!!!
But mine gou is like its turning on and off again, the Light is blinking but the fan is going