[SOLVED] PC Upgrade Help

Lucariello19

Prominent
Aug 23, 2019
Hello, everybody. I'm looking to upgrade my PC starting off with my old GPU, a MSI GTX 1660 TI.

I have already looked at other pieces:

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 GAMING X
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, with Wraith Prism vent
RAM: Crucial Ballistix BL2K8G30C15U4B 3000 MHz DDR4 (2x8GB)
HD: Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3,5"

What I'm not sure about is the compatibility between my old GPU and the new pieces, which case I should get with them and what other pieces I might be missing.
Thank you in advance for any answers.

Solution
I already own the GPU, those other pieces I'm going to buy. What I wanna know is what case I should get for them and of they require any more ventilation. Also I'm not sure about the power supply I might have to get that too if it doesnt come with the other pieces, in case which one do you recommend?

Any mid-size case with 3 unobstructed front intake fans is a good choice...check and make sure it has the features like USB ports on the front before buying one. I lean towards Lian Li cases...the lancool 2 mesh performance is a solid choice. I also like the recent Corsair cases.

For a power supply and 700w gold rated should more than cover what you're running...if you might upgrade to a 3080 or 3090 when the become available...

Lucariello19

Prominent
Aug 23, 2019
I already own the GPU, those other pieces I'm going to buy. What I wanna know is what case I should get for them and of they require any more ventilation. Also I'm not sure about the power supply I might have to get that too if it doesnt come with the other pieces, in case which one do you recommend?

Any mid-size case with 3 unobstructed front intake fans is a good choice...check and make sure it has the features like USB ports on the front before buying one. I lean towards Lian Li cases...the lancool 2 mesh performance is a solid choice. I also like the recent Corsair cases.

For a power supply and 700w gold rated should more than cover what you're running...if you might upgrade to a 3080 or 3090 when the become available then go for something in the 850w range. Stick to gold or platinum rated brand name PSUs with solid warranties.

Solution