Question Pc will black screen

Dec 4, 2019
I don't know where to actually post this new builder, but my pc will black screen while gaming, sometimes momentarily, sometimes so hard I have hold the power button to shut down. only happens while gaming. Seems to lessen when I downloaded MSI's afterburner and kicked down the temp limit down which also brought down the wattage to the gpu.

Case
Thermaltake Versa J24

Motherboard:
ROG crosshair vii hero

Cpu:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor

Gpu:
Graphics Chipset
Radeon RX 590 Series

Psu:
evga 850gq

Lutfij

Titan
Might I ask how old the PSU is? You could rule out a PSU power delivery issue by using a similarly reliable PSU from a friend/neighbor that can deliver 650W of power to the entire system. You can rule out the GPU by taking it over to a donor system(with ample wattage) and see if the GPU/donor system acts the same way.

Dec 4, 2019
Everything is all less than 3 months old, and I just put in a thermaltake 3.0 cpu cooler to see if that helped, did not. Don't really have another pc to try it in.
Might I ask how old the PSU is? You could rule out a PSU power delivery issue by using a similarly reliable PSU from a friend/neighbor that can deliver 650W of power to the entire system. You can rule out the GPU by taking it over to a donor system(with ample wattage) and see if the GPU/donor system acts the same way.