PC will not power up.

rnroughneck

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
OK here it is. I took apart my gaming rig to resolve an airflow issue. after putting it back together it wouldn't power on. i tested the power supply and it powered on when i jumped green and black wires. Could not get any power when i plugged the 24 an 4 pin plugs.

MOBO = MSI H81M-E33
PSU = Enermax NAXAN 550W

if there is any more info needed pls let me know.
Thanks for any help.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Does it try to power on? Fans don't twitch or anything? Did you disconnect your front panel wires? Are you sure your power button is wired to the mobo correctly?

If so it could be a make sure you don't have a screw or something rattling around your case touching the mobo.

rnroughneck

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
My power supply has an independent power switch so i jumped the 24 pin plug (paper clip from the green wire to a black wire) with the HDD plugged up and the HDD powered on. I take that as a sign the power supply is working properly but when i plugged the 24 pin and 4 pin plug in to the MOBO the cpu fan didn't power up. i am not sure how to tell (without replacing it) if the MOBO is getting power or not. i have tried to plug in the front panel wires and the PC will not power up.