Specs
Mobo: MSI z97 pcmate
CPU: i7-4790k
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO
GPU: gigabyte 980ti
RAM: g.skill ripjaws x 16gb 1600
PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold
Memory: Samsung 860 SSD 500gb and 1TB Western Blue HDD

PC will randomly give me a 9c error when turned on, the cause is from my Hyperx pulsefire surge mouse.
The 9c error will show up like every 10 times I turn on the PC. I already set my boot priority to my SSD first, switched to multiple usb ports as well (including usb 3.0).
Error will only go away if I unplug mouse but will work after replugging in. Anyone have a solution?

Solution
Okay, was actually expecting you to say CPU, would have explained that...still could be too much power draw from your GPU, causing a lack of stability, but unlikely as GPU different rail I believe. And wouldn't be so intermittent.

Unfortunately I'm beginning to suspect PSU...sounds like every so often it's struggling to maintain boot voltage or something...you could up Vcore/VCCIN in BIOS, should do the trick. How old is the PSU?

Might as well just OC your CPU, I had one that would struggle with stability, even at stock. The extra voltage with the OC fixed that.

You could also change your power plan to High Performance in Windows if not already, turn off fast startup might help, a few things.

Keep me posted mate.

RamboRyza

Prominent
Aug 26, 2020
Okay, was actually expecting you to say CPU, would have explained that...still could be too much power draw from your GPU, causing a lack of stability, but unlikely as GPU different rail I believe. And wouldn't be so intermittent.

Unfortunately I'm beginning to suspect PSU...sounds like every so often it's struggling to maintain boot voltage or something...you could up Vcore/VCCIN in BIOS, should do the trick. How old is the PSU?

Might as well just OC your CPU, I had one that would struggle with stability, even at stock. The extra voltage with the OC fixed that.

You could also change your power plan to High Performance in Windows if not already, turn off fast startup might help, a few things.

Keep me posted mate.

Solution

FrostyPanda

Honorable
Oct 27, 2015

Keep me posted mate.
Thanks for helping mate, my PSU is about 4 years old and pretty well maintained I'll try out the power plan and then OCing the CPU if it doesn't work.

RamboRyza

Prominent
Aug 26, 2020
No probs at all, you might find the power plan option fixes it, but if it's boot related it may not.

Upping Vcore/VCCIN through BIOS should be a pretty sure fix.

PSUs can go at anytime so if symptoms gradually get worse, you can point the finger at it...

FrostyPanda

Honorable
Oct 27, 2015
No probs at all, you might find the power plan option fixes it, but if it's boot related it may not.

Upping Vcore/VCCIN through BIOS should be a pretty sure fix.

PSUs can go at anytime so if symptoms gradually get worse, you can point the finger at it...
UPDATE: seems the High Power performance setting so far has been working! Thanks my guy ill def take a look at the Vcore in BIOS if this is just ends up a little fluke haha

Reactions: RamboRyza

TRENDING THREADS