Pc with decent specs can't handle word

MrRevolutionary

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015
Hello!
As you see from the title, I have a problem with my pc. It is amazing and I love it. It has an i5 4430, an r9 390 (recently bought it), an SSD etc. but it just doesnt perform well at all. So, it is a prebuilt, it had a gtx 650 1gb (ugh), but i bought a new gpu- the r9 390. Ever since the pc is just shit. Sometimes it doesn't recognise any of my hard drives, periphereals, just nothing. It just says that there is no boot optinon. It works afer a couple of resets but it just doesn't cut it for me as i am a person that likes things nice and neat. I assume it is a motherboard, and i plan on bbuying a new one in 2017. But this isn't the main concern here (but I still hope you nice people will help me with this too). The PC is just a slouch at everything. The games should be handled better in my oppinion as it runs most games like complete utter s*it:
GTA V: 30 fps max at all max settings (even with lower settings it still stays at 30 fps)
ARK: survival of the fittest: unplayable at any setting
Watch dogs: 20 fps at any setting
Assasins creed unity: 30 fps
CSGO: 300 fps (no complains here)
and so on.
It doesn't just stop at gaming... the PC isn't even capable of typing in word without lag and 80% cpu usage. I have tried closing apps and processes that aren't necesarry, using razer cortex, etc. etc.
I really love my PC and PC gaming, but due to these problems I sort of get doubts in PCs in general and I dont want it to be like that. Please help me before I become a console gamer or stuff like that. :(
P.S. Here is a clip of cpu usage while typing in word.
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfvMJH4RvF4&feature=youtu.be"][/video]
Have a nice day :)

Solution
Sometimes its better to reinstall windows if you swap gpu, especially from Nvidia to AMD. It may not be cause, how did you make sure no Nvidia drivers left around? Did you do something like this? http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html

What version of word? 2013 used to like chewing cpu usage, 2016 still can use 50% of my CPU if I scroll through a 54 page document, but thats at 4k so i forgive it.

Have yoiu updated bios or motherboard drivers recently? that can help too.

All the problems you having, I would reset windows 10 using settings/update & security/recovery/reset this pc
You get two options, save files and settings, or remove it all. It will reinstall Win 10 on pc then and...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sometimes its better to reinstall windows if you swap gpu, especially from Nvidia to AMD. It may not be cause, how did you make sure no Nvidia drivers left around? Did you do something like this? http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html

What version of word? 2013 used to like chewing cpu usage, 2016 still can use 50% of my CPU if I scroll through a 54 page document, but thats at 4k so i forgive it.

Have yoiu updated bios or motherboard drivers recently? that can help too.

All the problems you having, I would reset windows 10 using settings/update & security/recovery/reset this pc
You get two options, save files and settings, or remove it all. It will reinstall Win 10 on pc then and make sure your problems aren't old driver related. Then check motherboard maker site for newer drivers. You would need to reinstall all your programs though

Solution

MrRevolutionary

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015
I don't want to reinstall windows, because i have many files here that i just don't want the hastle of reinstalling. I did my best to uninstall all of the drivers, so I think this isn't a problem, but i will still take a look.
The word version is 2010.
I will try to update the bios ASAP and I will post the following results in this thread.
Thank you, it means a lot:)

MrRevolutionary

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015
So, after tinkering around my pc, here is what has changed:
- I found out that i still have something left from nvidia and i got rid of it. I fired up 3d mark firestrike aand... the score is 8800. It may seem good to you, but before, I got 9500.
- I just don't feel comfortable with the windows thing, but I did tinker around and cleaned up my pc a bit.
- The cpu usage is now lower- in word it is now 30-40%

MrRevolutionary

Reputable
Nov 22, 2015
Well, that is a massive fail from me... It seems that i had motion blur on,but previously off: Sorry bout that.
The graphics drivers are now fixed. thank you.
The word thing is over as well (at least I hope).
But there still seems to be the problem with the motherboard.
Any ideas on what I should do?
Thank you for everything:D