[SOLVED] PC won’t boot after turning it off

Feb 1, 2020
I turned my pc off last night and when I went to turn it on today, it wasn’t booting and it was stuck on a red led on the mobo. I tried resetting the CMOS jumpers and the battery and nothing happened. It’s a new build (6 months old) and I don’t know why all of a sudden it’s not working. All of the leds on the inside of the pc are lighting up like my ram but my peripherals aren’t like my mouse and keyboard.
Specs:
ASUS ROG STRIX B450F Gaming mobo
Ryzen 5 3600
ASUS RTX 2070 super
Trident Z 3000MHz RAM

Solution
I got it to boot up out of safe mode and its working okay. Windows is a little weird like my sound icon on my taskbar was missing. If I reboot my pc it takes forever to get it to boot up windows again. I have to restart it many times to get it into the bios and even then it might not boot into windows. I'm starting to think its my mobo.
Try using a different SATA port on your motherboard. Unattatch the 24 pin molex and 4/8 pin molex and reattach them to see if it a power issue from a non fully clipped cables. Have you noticed anything odd about the state of your motherboard previously? Any random crashes that booted up just fine afterwards? I had a motherboard that had sparked a little one day and shut off. Worked fine after...
Feb 1, 2020
Power should be good. Were you overclocking this system (CPU, GPU, memory) before this started happening?
I put DOCP standard on for my RAM which was just putting it to 3000MHz which it’s advertised for and I think that’s it really. I got it to boot up past bios but then it got stuck on loading windows with the circle loading icon.

Feb 1, 2020
Power should be good. Were you overclocking this system (CPU, GPU, memory) before this started happening?
I got it to boot up out of safe mode and its working okay. Windows is a little weird like my sound icon on my taskbar was missing. If I reboot my pc it takes forever to get it to boot up windows again. I have to restart it many times to get it into the bios and even then it might not boot into windows. I'm starting to think its my mobo.

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Try using a different SATA port on your motherboard. Unattatch the 24 pin molex and 4/8 pin molex and reattach them to see if it a power issue from a non fully clipped cables. Have you noticed anything odd about the state of your motherboard previously? Any random crashes that booted up just fine afterwards? I had a motherboard that had sparked a little one day and shut off. Worked fine after though for a few months then it died completely. I was experiencing what you were but then after a day or so it would just boot loop. By boot loop i mean on and off with 4 second intervals so i never even got to windows or linux. This is the result of a faulty motherboard.

Solution
Feb 1, 2020
Try using a different SATA port on your motherboard. Unattatch the 24 pin molex and 4/8 pin molex and reattach them to see if it a power issue from a non fully clipped cables. Have you noticed anything odd about the state of your motherboard previously? Any random crashes that booted up just fine afterwards? I had a motherboard that had sparked a little one day and shut off. Worked fine after though for a few months then it died completely. I was experiencing what you were but then after a day or so it would just boot loop. By boot loop i mean on and off with 4 second intervals so i never even got to windows or linux. This is the result of a faulty motherboard.
Before this whole fiasco there were no crashes or anything out of the ordinary. I went to restart my PC a couple days ago and then the problems began. I feel like this is for sure a mobo problem. My CPU temps are fine and I'm getting the same performance in game so its not GPU or CPU most likely, which is nice. I guess time will tell. Thanks.