Question Pc won’t boot into bios after secure boot is enabled. Windows 10. Gigabyte MB

Jan 2, 2023
Hello everyone.

Today I tried to enable secure boot so that I could update to windows 11. I have been having frequent pc crashes and even though it is a kernel power issue, the timing of the start of this problem and the release of the latest windows 10 update is too close to be a coincidence. I tried downgrading the update but that didn’t work. On to the actual problem. My pc is not booting up after I disabled csm and enabled secure boot. Pc turns on, however the monitor does not see anything to connect to with hdmi, and my led keyboard dims the lights on and off. I tried removing the battery twice, but to no avail. If anyone would like a video of what happens when the pc starts, I will upload it. I could really use some help with this problem.

rgd1101

Don't
amd?

did you do the following?

Jan 2, 2023
Update: I can sort of get it working now, as I have the same battery in an older computer, however my monitor is no longer working. I think I might have disconnected something on the graphics card. I tried other monitors and other cords so that is not the issue.

edit: found the issue. The graphics card is not connected to the power supply anymore, as the fans are not turning.

edit 2: I forgot that the card was not connected to the motherboard. I just can’t be bothered with this tonight, so I will fix it tomorrow

edit 3: (maybe) final update: I left my normal battery out today while I was at school, and after putting it back in + waiting for my computer to run without shutting down (kept flashing random colors and boxes) I got into bios. The problem is not fixed. I think I just didn’t wait long enough without the battery in the pc.

Last edited: