[SOLVED] Pc won’t boot properly

Jul 30, 2020
Hello,
I have a problem that on my Newley built pc I have a problem that when I turn on the pc I have to power cycle it manually a few times until it shows display on the monitor, otherwise it just turns on and shows no display. Sometimes when I leave it on it power cycles by it self 3 times and shows display normally
The cpu led on the motherboard lights up sometimes when I turn it on but then disappears after being rebooted.
Other than this when the pc boots it works as expected so I can’t find out what the problem is.

My parts:
Z390 gaming plus
i7-9700k
Rog strix 1070
Corsair vs550
16 gb Corsair vengeance 3600mhz
I would appreciate any help or opinions I can get as this is an annoying issue
Thank you

Last edited:
Solution
I do not understand how this is a low end psu as it is 80 plus certified and it works for all my parts,could you please tell me know how it is a low end psu and examples of other budget psus I could buy?
Thank you

No explanation needed, you were given the correct advice and a fact. It's low end and should only be used in an office PC. As for a budget PSU, I'd at least start with a 550w Corsair CX grey label, but not the CXM version.

m0v1c

Reputable
May 10, 2019
Hi. In case its still an issue and you haven't already but when i have had similar problems, I will re-seat the ram and GPU and check psu cables are tightly fixed into respective ports. Do these in order and try booting after every step. Also in xmp in bios active. I read somewhere that ram at max Hrz can play up sometimes. Maybe step down a little. Let us know how it goes:)

I do not understand how this is a low end psu as it is 80 plus certified and it works for all my parts,could you please tell me know how it is a low end psu and examples of other budget psus I could buy?
Thank you

No explanation needed, you were given the correct advice and a fact. It's low end and should only be used in an office PC. As for a budget PSU, I'd at least start with a 550w Corsair CX grey label, but not the CXM version.

Solution
Jul 30, 2020
Hi. In case its still an issue and you haven't already but when i have had similar problems, I will re-seat the ram and GPU and check psu cables are tightly fixed into respective ports. Do these in order and try booting after every step. Also in xmp in bios active. I read somewhere that ram at max Hrz can play up sometimes. Maybe step down a little. Let us know how it goes:)
Thank you for your help this worked!!

Reactions: m0v1c