Question Pc wont boot after cpu clean

bluebudgie

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
I removed my cpu cooler and cpu, cleaned up the dust and the dried of paste with wd40 (didn't have alcohol swabs) and got them both back with thermal paste. When I turn on the pc, red light flashes and then dram led goes yellow. Tried sticking in the ram sticks in different slots and nothing. Please help!
Specs:
i57500, Rx6600, 8x2 Ram from different manufacturers but same speed, 450w

I removed my cpu cooler and cpu, cleaned up the dust and the dried of paste with wd40 (didn't have alcohol swabs) and got them both back with thermal paste. When I turn on the pc, red light flashes and then dram led goes yellow. Tried sticking in the ram sticks in different slots and nothing. Please help!
Specs:
i57500, Rx6600, 8x2 Ram from different manufacturers but same speed, 450w
WD40 on electronics...especially electrical contacts...is pretty far from ideal. WD-40 dries out to a gummy mess that attracts and holds dust very badly. I'd strongly suggest getting a can of electrical contact cleaner and spray-cleaning around the area of the CPU socket to make certain all the WD 40 is washed away.

https://www.amazon.com/CRC-Plastic-...ctrical+contact+cleaner&qid=1663261107&sr=8-4

Reactions: bluebudgie