[SOLVED] PC wont boot in BIOS but keyboard and mouse seems to work

HNTR.

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020
My PC won't boot in BIOS but whenever I press the num lock, scroll lock and caps lock the LEDs in my keyboard turns on and off.
The CPU fan, chassis fan and PSU fan is working too and it throttles up when I remove the CPU fan.
My mouse seems to work since whenever I move it lights up and dims when not.

I think PSU isn't the problem since i have 3 of them to test with.
2 generic 700w max. rated
1 HALO Bequiet- 600w v.23
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600mhz
The ram is also probably not the problem since I bought a brand new 4GB ddr3 ram to test with.
MOBO: asrock h81 pro btc
PROCESSOR: Intel Xeon e3-1220v3
the processor is compatible with all version of my Motherboard's BIOS.

I think the problem is either my mobo or processor but I'll probably missed something in this one.
Im hoping to hear from you guys as soon as possible since my anxiety is eating me up.

EDIT: Intel Xeon e3-1220v3 doesn't have an onboard graphics. Fixed it by clearing the CMOS and Inserting a video card.

Last edited:
Solution
My PC won't boot in BIOS but whenever I press the num lock, scroll lock and caps lock the LEDs in my keyboard turns on and off.
The CPU fan, chassis fan and PSU fan is working too and it throttles up when I remove the CPU fan.

The ram is also probably not the problem since I bought a brand new 4GB ddr3 ram to test with.

I think the problem is either my mobo or processor but I'll probably...
reset the BIOS by jumper "Clear CMOS "
read the manual how to on page 20

remove all unnecessary components, only leave:
PSU, RAM (test both Dimm slots, one at a time), motherboard, CPU with cooler and fan, monitor connected to the motherboard, keyboard

if this doesn´t work
Replace the CMOS battery

Reactions: HNTR.

I think the problem is either my mobo or processor but I'll probably missed something in this one.
Im hoping to hear from you guys as soon as possible since my anxiety is eating me up.
Do you have graphic card ? You need graphic card to boot with xeon system, since they don't have onboard graphic

Reactions: HNTR.
Solution

HNTR.

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020
reset the BIOS by jumper "Clear CMOS "
read the manual how to on page 20

remove all unnecessary components, only leave:
PSU, RAM (test both Dimm slots, one at a time), motherboard, CPU with cooler and fan, monitor connected to the motherboard, keyboard

if this doesn´t work
Replace the CMOS battery
It still doesn't work. Tried it multiple times.