Question PC Won't Boot | Possible Mobo Failure

VirtualGod

Commendable
May 19, 2019
Hi, my gpu recently got fried, then I bought a RX570, mounted it, and bios logo flashed 3 times, then never came back, just black screen.

I tried;
No ram at all
Single ram
Another gpu
Another psu
CMOS clearing
Took the bios battery out to reset
Another hdmi convertor

Since I know my psu is ok, I am planning to complete the upgrade by buying B450M, Ryzen 5 2600 and 1x8gb of ram, is there anyway it still won't work? Like, I'm getting 4 of 5 essential parts, (Graphic Card, Processor, Ram, Mobo) is there something which can still make my pc unable to boot? Even with all new parts except PSU, fans and the case?

My previous related questions:

Hi, my gpu recently got fried, then I bought a RX570, mounted it, and bios logo flashed 3 times, then never came back, just black screen.

I tried;
No ram at all
Single ram
Another gpu
Another psu
CMOS clearing
Took the bios battery out to reset
Another hdmi convertor

Since I know my psu is ok, I am planning to complete the upgrade by buying B450M, Ryzen 5 2600 and 1x8gb of ram, is there anyway it still won't work? Like, I'm getting 4 of 5 essential parts, (Graphic Card, Processor, Ram, Mobo) is there something which can still make my pc unable to boot? Even with all new parts except PSU, fans and the case?

My previous related questions:

I think you should be OK, so long as the board isn't so badly damaged that it's killed the new RX570- I'd suggest testing that in another system just to prove it's working (if not you should still be able to return it if you've only just got it).

VirtualGod

Commendable
May 19, 2019
I think you should be OK, so long as the board isn't so badly damaged that it's killed the new RX570- I'd suggest testing that in another system just to prove it's working (if not you should still be able to return it if you've only just got it).

I tested the RX570 on my friend's computer, works fine :)

Thank you then, but should I get another mobo? Like, is it worth it? Also, how sure am I that problem definetly caused by mobo?

Or full upgrade with Ryzen?

VirtualGod

Commendable
May 19, 2019
What is your current cpu? There is a risk the cpu could be damaged too (unless you've been able to test that on it's own).

Fx6300, Since I don't have another AM3+ around, I can't test it. But mobo doesn't give any error about any part. Also, mobo didn't come with a buzzer or whatever its called, I borrowed my friend's, mobo doesnt have these pins to plug the buzzer, people on other forums say: "there is a 7 pin thing, use 4 of it to plug it" So I did, but never heard a beep.

MSI 970a-G43

Fx6300, Since I don't have another AM3+ around, I can't test it. But mobo doesn't give any error about any part. Also, mobo didn't come with a buzzer or whatever its called, I borrowed my friend's, mobo doesnt have these pins to plug the buzzer, people on other forums say: "there is a 7 pin thing, use 4 of it to plug it" So I did, but never heard a beep.

MSI 970a-G43

Well if you are still on an FX cpu I would definitely upgrade if you can afford it.

I went from an FX8320 to a Ryzen 5 1600 last year and the performance difference (even with my then ageing R9 280) was massive in many titles where the FX cpu just couldn't keep up (average fps didn't change that much but everything was way smoother as the FX would always drop frames in more difficult sections where the R5 just keeps going).

The R5 2600 is a great cpu (and I think they are on offer at good prices now thanks to Ryzen 3000 launching in July) so going with that would be a good option to get something for a good price. That said for a gaming cpu if you could stretch to it (and wait for a month) the new R5 3600 looks like it's going to be a beastly gaming cpu and is coming in at the same price point the R5 2600 started at at ~$200 msrp. According to AMD the 3600 is better than a 2700X in games.

Reactions: VirtualGod

VirtualGod

Commendable
May 19, 2019
Well if you are still on an FX cpu I would definitely upgrade if you can afford it.

I went from an FX8320 to a Ryzen 5 1600 last year and the performance difference (even with my then ageing R9 280) was massive in many titles where the FX cpu just couldn't keep up (average fps didn't change that much but everything was way smoother as the FX would always drop frames in more difficult sections where the R5 just keeps going).

The R5 2600 is a great cpu (and I think they are on offer at good prices now thanks to Ryzen 3000 launching in July) so going with that would be a good option to get something for a good price. That said for a gaming cpu if you could stretch to it (and wait for a month) the new R5 3600 looks like it's going to be a beastly gaming cpu and is coming in at the same price point the R5 2600 started at at ~$200 msrp. According to AMD the 3600 is better than a 2700X in games.

Thanks for the advice but I can't afford a R5 3600 :D I'll probably stick with 2600, thx