PC wont boot up properly

Dec 29, 2018
Title is pretty vague so heres the issue and the backstory: I got some new RAM (2x 8gb corsair vengeance) as the old ones (same make) were corrupted, but i needed my PC so I used them until my new RAM came.
New ram comes, install it, (put it in the first two slots) it works fine. However sometime in the next day my PC shuts down. No beeps, no BSOD, nothing. I thought it was just a power outage so i turned it back on no problem, fast forward to today.

It shuts off like before except i had my light on so when it turned off it couldn't of been a power outage.
So i crack open the case and notice these two switches on the MB (my motherboard is a gigabyte ultra durable something i looked for 30 mins to find the product but i couldn't find it) one above the other. They both say "1"and "2" the top one is flicked to the "2"position and the bottom switch it flipped to the "one" position. In the past i had to flip one of these switches to get past a bios glitch since its a dual bios MB. Not sure if its relevant but there you go.

I looked to see if there was any loose bits kicking around shorting the circuits. Couldn't see anything and I'm hesitant to start pulling things out in fear of making things worse. I tried booting the pc up since it had no boot trouble before but it wouldn't start. The fans came on for a second but then it would shutdown and try to boot by itself over and over ahain until i removed power.

The kicker is each memory stick seems to give the pc different functionality. One allows all of the fans and lights to turn on and work but no display comes up nor do my keyboard and mouse light up.

One turns nothing but the cpu fan on

The last two just do the repeating boot cycle i mentioned earlier.

Not sure what on earth is happening, thanks in advance

-Toby

Solution
You have to remove everything, as in disconnect everything and only have CPU, and 1 stick of ram in
Then check bios is working, then slowly plug in the other components after boot, this way you will know what the problem is.
So first, unplug everything connected to the motherboard.
Make sure CPU is in (don't remove it or the heatsink)
Plug 1 stick of RAM into slow A1
Boot it up, go into BIOS check it shows the correct CPU and RAM
Next, plug additional ram into A2 - boot see if it works, if it doesn't go back to 1 stick in every slot, then 2.
Then once you get past the RAM stage, add the hard disk in
and finally add the graphics card last.
Boot it up
You have to remove everything, as in disconnect everything and only have CPU, and 1 stick of ram in
Then check bios is working, then slowly plug in the other components after boot, this way you will know what the problem is.
So first, unplug everything connected to the motherboard.
Make sure CPU is in (don't remove it or the heatsink)
Plug 1 stick of RAM into slow A1
Boot it up, go into BIOS check it shows the correct CPU and RAM
Next, plug additional ram into A2 - boot see if it works, if it doesn't go back to 1 stick in every slot, then 2.
Then once you get past the RAM stage, add the hard disk in
and finally add the graphics card last.
Boot it up

Solution