Question PC wont boot

Oct 15, 2021
Hi all,

Got a "new" supposedly unused H110M Pro-VH plus motherboard, still packaged with DVD and all. Bought a Intel i5 7500 and 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 C14 rams. Pc turned on a couple of times and installed all the drivers on the dvd for the motherboard and shortly afterwards it just showed a blue screen with a unhappy face and a few stuff written, couldn't see what it wrote as it went blank real fast. Still using Windows 10 32bit OS and wanted to go to 64bit.

Now the only thing happening when I switch it on ia the CPU debug led flashes for a split second and then the dram light stays on for a few seconds and then it switches off, no display whatsoever and the HDD led doesn't even blink. It keeps switching on and off by itself from then on. I tested the RAMs in my new pc and they are working fine. The cpu has been removed, inspected pins and cleaned the cpu with a cotton bud and IPA. Ram slots have no dirt and pins are all still perfect.

Tried 4 different power supplies, all with the same result.

What could I try next to get it working?
Edit: Motherboard stays on without rams installed but still no display

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2021
Hi all,

Got a "new" supposedly unused H110M Pro-VH plus motherboard, still packaged with DVD and all. Bought a Intel i5 7500 and 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 C14 rams. Pc turned on a couple of times and installed all the drivers on the dvd for the motherboard and shortly afterwards it just showed a blue screen with a unhappy face and a few stuff written, couldn't see what it wrote as it went blank real fast. Still using Windows 10 32bit OS and wanted to go to 64bit.

Now the only thing happening when I switch it on ia the CPU debug led flashes for a split second and then the dram light stays on for a few seconds and then it switches off, no display whatsoever and the HDD led doesn't even blink. It keeps switching on and off by itself from then on. I tested the RAMs in my new pc and they are working fine. The cpu has been removed, inspected pins and cleaned the cpu with a cotton bud and IPA. Ram slots have no dirt and pins are all still perfect.

Take out the CMOS battery (small lithium battery on the MoBo) for about 1-5 minutes. This resets the BIOS settings to default. This has happened to me before also, but don't panic. Once you take out the CMOS battery and put it back in, the PC will power on, turn off, and then power itself back up. Hopefully this helps!

Oct 15, 2021
Take out the CMOS battery (small lithium battery on the MoBo) for about 1-5 minutes. This resets the BIOS settings to default. This has happened to me before also, but don't panic. Once you take out the CMOS battery and put it back in, the PC will power on, turn off, and then power itself back up. Hopefully this helps!
Forgot to mention that I tried that several times as well as the reset jumpers on the board. Getting quite hopeless here.

The drivers you were able to install should not have any effect on whether the PC POSTs or not. The drivers only come into play when the PC attempts to boot into Windows. The fact that it doesn't POST now, but did in the beginning, leads me to believe it likely could be a motherboard issue. Can you return/exchange the motherboard?

Oct 13, 2021
Hi all,

Edit: Motherboard stays on without rams installed but still no display
looking at your motherboard manual, it only supports up to 2133MHz DRAM frequency, so because your RAM defaults to 2400 it might not work with your MoBo.

Oct 13, 2021
What CPU are you running with your motherboard? it could be that the BIOS is not up to date enough to support your CPU and you will have to flash the BIOS onto it

Oct 15, 2021
looking at your motherboard manual, it only supports up to 2133MHz DRAM frequency, so because your RAM defaults to 2400 it might not work with your MoBo.
What surprised me was that it worked the first few times, until the drivers got installed. Msi states on their site that the RAM will work.

Oct 15, 2021
What CPU are you running with your motherboard? it could be that the BIOS is not up to date enough to support your CPU and you will have to flash the BIOS onto it
Using a i5 7500. Problem is how will I get it to flash if the board doesn't stay on for more than 5 seconds. Also, don't know if it's relevant, but everytime it switches off the power supply also goes off, as if it draws to much current and dies, although nothing external is connected at that moment.