PC wont display picture. MSI 970A-G43

XoN1z

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
I bought pc parts a couple of days ago, and now me and my friends putted it together. And the problem is that my PC starts up, all fans are spinning but do display picture. I have tried DVI and HDMI cables, both cables did work in my other PC. We checked everything and we cant find the problem. I tryed another RAM slots but still nothing, I tryed another video card but still nothing.
All parts are new and they fit 100%

Is the problem in my motherboard?
I have MSI 970A-G43
Please, i really need help, i but all my money in this PC.

Nefos

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
okay, so you everything seems connected, you push the button, fan noise, but no sound or picture at all?
Does the motherboard has POST led on it?
check everything again, it seems like a connection error, it should have some kind of beeping sound

guggi4

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013

XoN1z

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
No sound, no picture. This is not connection error, one of my friends who repairs computers,
he told me that everything is connected great and he phoned to his friend who had 10 year exepereice (thats what he said) but yeah, all thing are connected. My friend who tried to fix this told me the same but after checking he told that problem is not in connection. Its seems like it dont have post led

guggi4

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
so it comes down to cpu, motherboard and powersupply or? No beeps without RAM i guess?
Powersupply could be tested in every other pc, so it really comes down to motherboard and cpu. But the problem is, you cant tell for sure whats the problem.
Only way to find it out is to try it with some other, kown working parts.

guggi4

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
you checked your psu? yes?
So its either the cpu or the motherboard, but nobody can tell you, you have to try it with other known working parts like borrowing a fitting on from a friend.

And you dont use a fx-8350 i guess? since the motherboard doesnt support it.

Nefos

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
Well, we did not get closer to the answer, as it still go down for CPU and mobo as for the cause of no POST
I would actully took down the heatsink and see if the CPU heats up.
but in the end you should find a AM3+ mobo and a CPU to test which one is faulty, as guggi4 suggested

XoN1z

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
Its pretty hard to get a mobo cuz all my friend are using mobos with intel stocket. I have one friend who uses same CPU as me so i can take my CPU and visit him if he agrees with that.
Thanks for help! :)

XoN1z

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
Will be done :) and im gonna test new RAM too btw. Maybe is just my mobo fake/scrap and i have to send it back to the shop? (after testing new CPU and RAM)

guggi4

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
Yes, there is a high chance that your mobo is bad, the msi 970 boards are known for failing vrm's, run a 8core fx at full load for 5 min and you can enjoy a dead mobo and a dead cpu since there is no security mechanism for the cpu. If you have the chance to get a different board, do it!

XoN1z

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
Ok, but when i send it back to the shop, then can i ask for another mobo? Like a ASUS or something, or they are going to send me another msi 970? W hen my mobo is really bad?

XoN1z

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
And i think i cant get a AM3+ CPU for testing :/ i think i just send all my PC parts back to shop, there they can test it better, ofc im gonna ask what the problem was and write it here :)

blubblub

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014

Hello XoN1z,
Just bought myself one of these with an AMD fx-8320. I don't plan to over clock it but that doesn't matter right now. I can't get the board to display anything either. I bought mine from Newegg. Since we are both having the same issue, I'm inclined to think it's the motherboard. When I turn it on, all fans spin but no beeps, the keyboard light for num lock flashes for a second (likely because it has power) but keyboard is non-responsive, and nothing appears on the screen.

XoN1z

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
I got it fixed yesterday, jes it was the mobo. I send it back to shop and they sent me an new one, and this one was bad too. MSI 970A-G43 did not work for me and i phoned them and asked that can i change the mobo, now i have asus mobo and everything is working great.

Eli Johnson

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014

did you call newegg or the head company, and how do i go about asking for a different motherboard I just got one today encountered exact same problem as the two others, fearing it's DOA I want to get into the return process asap.