[SOLVED] PC won't power on with new GPU

May 6, 2020
Hi recently purchased Gigabyte 2060 SUPER to upgrade from my 1060.

With the new card installed the PC doesn't show any signs of life when the power button is pressed, sometimes a faint clicking sound from around the PSU is heard upon pressing the power button. Installed new RAM and m2 SSD at the same time and they work fine with the old GPU back installed.

I checked that the card was seated properly in the PCI slot and all 8 power pins were connected properly.

Works fine with the old card installed. Is there anything I should do to troubleshoot this or is the new card just dead?

EVGA 650W 80 Plus Gold
Gigabyte Z370 HD3
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4
i5 8400
1tb Gigabyte m2 SSD
2x 250gb Samsung SSD
750gb 7200rpm HDD

Solution
Try to clear and reset all the CMOS/BIOS settings to default, and then trying installing the new GPU. Do you also have the Latest BIOS installed for your system ?

Check the Motherboard's support page to see if they have any updates or not.

Can you check the RTX card on some other PC ? If you face the same issue, then most probably the card might be DOA, but I'm just making a guess here.
Try to clear and reset all the CMOS/BIOS settings to default, and then trying installing the new GPU. Do you also have the Latest BIOS installed for your system ?

Check the Motherboard's support page to see if they have any updates or not.

Can you check the RTX card on some other PC ? If you face the same issue, then most probably the card might be DOA, but I'm just making a guess here.

Solution