demolitorkiller

Prominent
Jun 9, 2018
So first, please, do not give me that "it is psu". It is never PSU, I had this problem more than 5 times with 99% of people randomly saying that it is psu, or that even there is no enough energy (dude how s this even possible if it was working before) with te problem never being it.

PC won't boot into bios, no monitor signal.
Thought maybe it is a power surge which I had many times before, but no idea how to fix it. Disconnected the mobo from the case to see if any contact with it causes surge, no luck.
Put a ram into a different slot, disconnected the video card, no luck. I guess it is ram or a power surge.
I had such a problem before and it was a failed RAM.
I do not know why my rams fail a lot though.

Signs:
Cpu fans spin
Gpu blinks normally, no power insuficency, psu and gpu are ok
Keyboard won't light-up(no num-pad light), means that pc has not entered bios stage.

Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
So first, please, do not give me that "it is psu". It is never PSU, I had this problem more than 5 times with 99% of people randomly saying that it is psu, or that even there is no enough energy (dude how s this even possible if it was working before) with te problem never being it.

Thought maybe it is a power surge which I had many times before, but no idea how to fix it. Disconnected the mobo from the case to see if any contact with it causes surge, no luck.
Put a ram into a different slot, disconnected the video card, no luck. I guess it is ram or a power surge.

Signs:
Cpu fans spin...

Endre

Reputable

Signs:
Cpu fans spin
Gpu blinks normally, no power insuficency, psu and gpu are ok
Keyboard won't light-up(no num-pad light), means that pc has not entered bios stage.

Thanks

A good way to solve it is by trying your components one after another into a working PC.
If everything works, then it’s your motherboard.

Solution

demolitorkiller

Prominent
Jun 9, 2018
without any spec, is the computer

full system spec, include make and model of the psu

how do you know psu and gpu is ok? did you test it on another working system?
How are specs which in the case specify only system performance can be even remotely related to the problem discussion? The only part that matters if the mobo has surge protection. Mine has.

How are specs which in the case specify only system performance can be even remotely related to the problem discussion? The only part that matters if the mobo has surge protection. Mine has.
If we knew what motherboard you had we could look up if you had the most up to date BIOS or maybe it was a questionable brand. If we knew what RAM you had and in what configuration it was in on the motherboard slots we could suggest from there or maybe it was a questionable brand. If we knew what the wattage and brand of PSU and your total system power we could guess from there. If we knew what CPU you had we could scrutinize an overclock that you may or may not have. If we knew what graphics card you have we could better know total system power requirements or maybe it was a questionable brand. So on and so forth. We want to know your operating system and version of that as well. Giving full system specs when asking what's wrong with a system is par for the course (mandatory).

demolitorkiller

Prominent
Jun 9, 2018
If we knew what motherboard you had we could look up if you had the most up to date BIOS
Do you think that a non up-to-date bios can prevent booting into bios? I don't think it is possible.

If we knew what RAM you had and in what configuration it was in on the motherboard slots we could suggest from there
Hmm, what could you suggest? That I was using RAM with incompatible socket? This doesn't make much sense, such build won't start at all.

If we knew what the wattage and brand of PSU and your total system power we could guess from there
So my PC had enough wattage before but all of a suddent decided that it wants more to even start to start up?

I do appreciate everyone's efforts, but since I was picked on for not providing PC specs, I think I am in a right to explain my position