Question PC won't turn on when power button is pressed

Jun 2, 2024
I was having issues with getting output to my monitors when turning on my PC. I took out the GPU and reseated the ram and removed the BIOS battery. After doing this the PC would no longer turn on. No lights anywhere, I have tried a different power cable, and another BIOS battery these did not work either. I have checked the power supply and GPU on a separate computer and they work. I have also tried unplugging the power button from the motherboard and tried using a screw driver but that didn't work either.

Could there could be something else keeping it from turning on? I'd really appreciate any help, sorry if I have left anything out I'm still new to this.

Specs:
GPU - EVGA XC Ultra Gaming Geforce RTX 2080 Super 8gb
CPU - Intel i7-9700k 3.6ghz
Mobo - MSI MPG z390 Gaming Edge AC
Ram - G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200
PSU - EVGA SuperNova 750 G5 750 w 80+

Ralston18

Titan
Check the motherboard's User Manual:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-Z390-GAMING-EDGE-AC/support#manual

One requirement is that the first physically installed RAM must go in DIMMA2 (Reference numbered Page 29).

If that does not make a difference then double check that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Also use the procedure on Page 43 to clear CMOS. Not a screwdriver.

Jun 2, 2024
Check the motherboard's User Manual:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-Z390-GAMING-EDGE-AC/support#manual

One requirement is that the first physically installed RAM must go in DIMMA2 (Reference numbered Page 29).

If that does not make a difference then double check that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Also use the procedure on Page 43 to clear CMOS. Not a screwdriver.
Thank you for the reply. I tried putting a single stick in DIMMA2 it didn't work. I am assuming that I messed something up by removing the CMOS battery and not doing what is said on Page 43. If I don't have a jumper is there somewhere I can get one?