Question After a Windows 10 update, PC won't turn on without pressing the Reset button ?

Jul 5, 2024
Hello, i've been facing some issues after i updated my system to the latest Windows 10 22H2 (KB5039211).

Everytime i turn on my pc it's got no display but surely the pc is alive as all the fans were on but the light indicator next to the power button (which usually turns blue) it goes red.
It won't boot up to system unless i press the reset button on my pc and then the light indicator next to power button turns blue. The pc then boots up normally after I press reset button without entering any safe mode.
There are no other issues.

Is this a GPU driver issue, because i haven't updated the GPU driver for a while ?
Does anyone know what's causing this issue?

Jul 5, 2024
This could be an issue with fast startup, sleep/hibernation settings, and/or power profiles.

Try the following things:
- Setting S4 or S5 power states in ErP in BIOS
- Disable Fast Startup
- Disable Hibernation
Thank you for your suggestion, I have tried turning off fast startup and hibernation through control panel and BIOS but the problem still occur, I haven't tried setting s4 or s5 power states could you give me more details about it?

NedSmelly

Prominent
Feb 11, 2024
I haven't tried setting s4 or s5 power states could you give me more details about it?
My Ryzen system does exactly what you're describing with a cold boot startup unless I have it set on ErP S5. That's not to say you've got the exact same problem though.

Jul 5, 2024
My Ryzen system does exactly what you're describing with a cold boot startup unless I have it set on ErP S5. That's not to say you've got the exact same problem though.
i look up to my ECS motherboard bios setting and the EuP or ErP is already enabled, i found another setting called ACPI setting which only had to option related to power state setting (disabled or S3 SUSPEND TO RAM).

I disabled the ACPI setting and the pc is now booting up normally without pressing reset button, but it does take extend the boot time by 10 seconds longer than usual.

Is it safe to have ACPI setting disabled?