Question Pc won't turn on

Jan 12, 2020
This is my first time building a PC and when I got the parts the computer wouldn't turn on so i took it to a guy and he tested it with a different psu and he said the light came on so I bought a new psu and it still won't come on it has no sign of life and I just want it to work especially since it's my first PC.

bioax

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
When you say "the light came on," does it mean that the computer posted? If it did, then you probably are plugging in some cables incorrectly. Right now, are any fans spinning when you power on your pc?

Jan 12, 2020
He said that "a" light came on, I'm guessing he meant on the motherboard, i don't know if it would have posted as it wasnt hooked up to a moniter, and I have a 700 watt psu, ryzen 3 integrated CPU, and an 8gig Corsair RAM card. Like I said it's my first time building so if u ask a question I don't understand u might have to explain it as I am EXTREMELY new to building but I know what go's where and what things are used for what.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
He said that "a" light came on, I'm guessing he meant on the motherboard, i don't know if it would have posted as it wasnt hooked up to a moniter, and I have a 700 watt psu, ryzen 3 integrated CPU, and an 8gig Corsair RAM card. Like I said it's my first time building so if u ask a question I don't understand u might have to explain it as I am EXTREMELY new to building but I know what go's where and what things are used for what.

We're really going to need the actual specs.

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
Actual PSU brand and model. Motherboard model, RAM speed and config.
Are your front panel connectors in the right places as per the motherboard manual? E.g. power switch connected to the appropriate two pins?

TRENDING THREADS