Question PC won't turn on ?

Jul 11, 2024
Recently I tried to install an SSD to my PC, but to my surprise my PC wouldn't boot, so naturally I tried to re seat the ram, and the GPU but still no boot no POST so I tried to swap the ram with new ones still no boot ,I tried to use the onboard graphics still no boot, I tried to clean the motherboard, the ram, the slots, the CPU, but still nothing. (I also tried cmos)

Then I gave up for a bit, then came back and now it won't turn on, like the psu fans won't turn, the CPU fans won't turn but the motherboard has power cuz I the LED lights are working, so I tried to test the psu with the paper clip trick but it works fine, I tried to use a new psu but it still won't turn on, I tried a new switch, I tried to bridge the pins but still it won't turn on.

My Mobo is a Asus prime a320m-k

CPU is ryzen 5 2400ge

GPU is Rx 580

Psu is an inplay gs550 pro

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You need to invest in a reliably built PSU for your build. How old is the unit anyway?

I tried to test the psu with the paper clip trick but it works fine
Paperclip tests are a flawed test, it doesn't tell you how much power the PSU can effectively output to the entire system.

I tried to use a new psu but it still won't turn on
Same unit as before?

Might want to start sourcing replacement parts(from a friend, not buy) and see if your processor, ram and GPU work on another system, with more wattage than your system needs off of a reliably built PSU.

Recently I tried to install an SSD to my PC, but to my surprise my PC wouldn't boot, so naturally I tried to re seat the ram, and the GPU but still no boot no POST so I tried to swap the ram with new ones still no boot ,I tried to use the onboard graphics still no boot, I tried to clean the motherboard, the ram, the slots, the CPU, but still nothing. (I also tried cmos)

Then I gave up for a bit, then came back and now it won't turn on, like the psu fans won't turn, the CPU fans won't turn but the motherboard has power cuz I the LED lights are working, so I tried to test the psu with the paper clip trick but it works fine, I tried to use a new psu but it still won't turn on, I tried a new switch, I tried to bridge the pins but still it won't turn on.

My Mobo is a Asus prime a320m-k

CPU is ryzen 5 2400ge

GPU is Rx 580

That test doesn't tell you anything about PSU health, there are dozen of different voltages and with different polarities and power coming from PSU to MB, most it can tell you if fan runs.
If you tried with proven good and compatible PSU and still not working, it's most probably due to faulty MB.
That CPU has own graphics so you may want to test without GPU.
Rx 580 can draw a lot of power, 550W is not really ideal for it specially if not good make and model so it can wear down and drop in power.