[SOLVED] PC works but it doesnt

Black Moustache

Reputable
Apr 12, 2016
I'll try to make this quick and clear lol. PSU melted, got a new PSU. Tried it and didn't work initially so I got a new CMOS battery for the MB and it "powered up". CPU fan spins, hard drive powers up and spins, the green light on the front of the case lights up but no visuals on the monitor. It's old and has integrated graphics. No BIOS, blue screen of death, nothing. What's wrong? lol
If the CPU fan works/spins, does that mean the CPU is working? Did the integrated graphics get fried somehow? Should any of this even be remotely "working" if the motherboard is dead? I will eventually have to build a PC but I'm just trying to fix this old one so I have something.

I'll try to make this quick and clear lol. PSU melted, got a new PSU. Tried it and didn't work initially so I got a new CMOS battery for the MB and it "powered up". CPU fan spins, hard drive powers up and spins, the green light on the front of the case lights up but no visuals on the monitor. It's old and has integrated graphics. No BIOS, blue screen of death, nothing. What's wrong? lol
If the CPU fan works/spins, does that mean the CPU is working? Did the integrated graphics get fried somehow? Should any of this even be remotely "working" if the motherboard is dead? I will eventually have to build a PC but I'm just trying to fix this old one so I have something.
Cpu maybe be fried, pull the new bios batter well psu is unplugged then hold power button on case for 30s x2 times. Then reseat the bios battery and plug the psu back in power the pc on see if this works

Black Moustache

Reputable
Apr 12, 2016
Cpu maybe be fried, pull the new bios batter well psu is unplugged then hold power button on case for 30s x2 times. Then reseat the bios battery and plug the psu back in power the pc on see if this works
A bit confused. Unplug the PSU and bios battery then hold the power button for 30seconds twice with nothing connected?