PCI card running @ x4 instead of x16

toober

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
@ maxalge
tried that it dont go to 16 ever

and i think my mobo has only one slot for graphics card

@ Simu - how to check load ?

i strted suspect its not working as expected when i see stutter while playin Dota 2 @1024x768 and full high settings

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

Press the button then start render test, look at the bus interface while it is running the test.

toober

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
checked bios turned off VGA also did set an option to PEG as suggested by Max.
saved , rebooted did render test again and were back to where we strted ... i.e. its still dont show 16 in bus interface

one his bios is three revs old the newest bios is f8 for the 1.3 and 1.0 rev mb. before I flash the bios I would see if it a dirty card or dirt in the pci slot. turn your pc off..and unplug it from the wall...find a good thick paper towel that wont fall apart and some ispro alcohol. dampen the cloth and wipe the gold contacts on the video card. let them dry then take a number 2 pencil eraser and lightly run on the gold contacts to see if there a coating issue. in the pci slot use a flash light look for bent pins and foam from the mb packaging or some hair. take the town and lightly clean the contacts. blowing out the pci slot too with some canned air. put the card back in and see if speed changes. if there is non try making sure you have the newest amd mb chipset drivers installed.

toober

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
Thank You frens for ur replies.
Finished cleaning my setup thoroughly but I dont wanna do Bios update unless i have to, its risky for the uninitiated as ive been told, so id like to do a Factory reset on my mobo , but i see no such option in Bios.
how to go about it ? ........ tried taking out the small round battery in mobo but im not sure if that does the trick.