PCI riser cable stuffed pls help

GamingSeaweed

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017
I recently changed my computer case to the thermal take view 27 and me being my stupid self bought a deep cool PCI riser cable to put my GPU into the horizontal mouting position the cable got here and it didn't fit so I sanded some of the case away and it fit fine I got my computer running it ran fine for about 3 hours then I put it into hibernate for about 10 minutes and when I went to turn it back on the screen didn't light up after a couple of failed attempts and going into my bios to see if the slot was turned off (I'm not very good with bios and stuff like that so I couldn't find it) I decided to move the cable to the second PCI slot and that worked normally so I tried mounting it in the standard position (in the first slot) and that worked fine too if anyone can help please I have a 1060 6gb and an i5 4670k with a Z87-C asus motherboard windows 7

GamingSeaweed

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017

I shut my computer down that night and when I tried to start it in the morning it didn't work it's ok now though cause I've decided to keep it in the normal position for cooling