[SOLVED] PCI Serial Port - Error

Nov 27, 2019
I have a customer I support who plugs in a device to their PC using a Serial -> USB cable. The USB side plugs into the PC.
Every morning this device fails to connect properly with the software it is operated from and we normally have to unplug and plug it back in a few times. I also noticed in Device Manager PCI Serial Port has a yellow warning triangle over it and troubleshooting does/finds nothing. Updating Driver also does nothing.

Has anybody any other ideas as to what could be causing the issue?

I also tried uninstalling it and restarting but it still comes back with a warning.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Serial to USB converters can be terrible. Sometimes they only function as intended with the driver version that is supplied with the device.

The best advice I could give is try to install older versions of the driver and see if the problem persists. Maybe contacting the manufacturer if they have the designated driver version for the OS that you're using can help too.
Serial to USB converters can be terrible. Sometimes they only function as intended with the driver version that is supplied with the device.

The best advice I could give is try to install older versions of the driver and see if the problem persists. Maybe contacting the manufacturer if they have the designated driver version for the OS that you're using can help too.

Solution