Question PCIe card not working

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Check if there's a setting in BIOS that says enable/disable PCIE slots.

As said above, try reseating the card.

Are there other PCIE x1 slots? Have you tried them?

EDIT: Did you try reseating the card or try other PCIE x1 slot/s? Opening a new thread won't solve it.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2019
stick with 1 thread
My motherboard ASUS P55P7-m is not recognizing PCIe x1 cards like ethernet or wifi. Already tried device manager and finding something in bios. Nothing helped, Card is installed properly to mobo and is also screwed down.

Jun 9, 2019
Check if there's a setting in BIOS that says enable/disable PCIE slots.

As said above, try reseating the card.

Are there other PCIE x1 slots? Have you tried them?

EDIT: Did you try reseating the card or try other PCIE x1 slot/s? Opening a new thread won't solve it.
Yes, I tried to reseat card, even tried another slot and when I was hopeless I tried to plug card into PCie x16. still nothing happened card has backlight and it didnt light up

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Yes, I tried to reseat card, even tried another slot and when I was hopeless I tried to plug card into PCie x16. still nothing happened card has backlight and it didnt light up

Well, at this point, having tested in other slots with no result, I'd say (if available) test the card in another system with a PCIE x1 slot and see if the card is faulty or not.

Jun 9, 2019
Well, at this point, having tested in other slots with no result, I'd say (if available) test the card in another system with a PCIE x1 slot and see if the card is faulty or not.
I tested Card on another computer and it worked. I think maybe I have problem with mobo since it doesn´t show in list of supported CPUs xeon processors, it works but maybe it can cause trouble. Also I found in manual that in BIOS should be option for chipset (advance menu) and I don´t have there chipset option. Tomorrow I am gonna call support centre and ask them if they know about similar problem and how should I fix it.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I tested Card on another computer and it worked. I think maybe I have problem with mobo since it doesn´t show in list of supported CPUs xeon processors, it works but maybe it can cause trouble. Also I found in manual that in BIOS should be option for chipset (advance menu) and I don´t have there chipset option. Tomorrow I am gonna call support centre and ask them if they know about similar problem and how should I fix it.

If card worked on other computer and not on any of your PCIE slot, yes, a motherboard issue is probable.

You mean you're running a CPU which is not on the motherboard's CPU support list? If that's the case that might explain some issues. Although if it wasn't supported the system wouldn't boot and run. Maybe a BIOS update is required?

I think calling their support center is a good idea. Hope all goes well.

Jun 9, 2019
If card worked on other computer and not on any of your PCIE slot, yes, a motherboard issue is probable.

You mean you're running a CPU which is not on the motherboard's CPU support list? If that's the case that might explain some issues. Although if it wasn't supported the system wouldn't boot and run. Maybe a BIOS update is required?

I think calling their support center is a good idea. Hope all goes well.
My CPU is Xeon x3470 which is equivallent for i7 870 (for servers). Speccy is showing me:
Slot Type PCI-E
Slot Usage Available
Bus Width 32 bit
Slot Designation PCIEX1_1
Characteristics 3.3V, Shared, PME
Slot Number 1

I have most recent BIOS, but its from 2012.
I will tell you details after call, if they can do something