Question Pcpartpicker glitch?

Jul 11, 2024
Everytime i select a motherboard wo a wifi chip it says that my ryzen 5 5600g will need a bios update. I know it will most likely still work but i just want to know if its true since any motherboard with wifi doesnt give me the warning and id like to have a fully compatible motherboard out of the box. (I have only been trying b550 mothetboards)

Jul 11, 2024
Hey there,

Are you sure it's just not a coincidence. I just tried a build there with the 5600g and the MSI B550 Gaming Gen 3 and it didn't prompt for a bios issue. It was the first one in the list sorted by lowest price ascending.
I tried the exact dame motherboard and i get a bios issue so if that is the case then im guessing its a glitch

The bios is compatible now weirdly even though it wasnt before but i forgot to mention i am also looking for 2 or more m.2 slots
I was just looking to se if it was a glitch rather than choosing an appropriate mobo for you.

I'd prob go for a decent VRM set up on your mobo so you can OC the CPU a little. Here's a good guide: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PuUWroxA0HvSSipsXlB8hnYkshxD8LdeO5EA6WLdOQw/edit?gid=0#gid=0

Id suggest something with a min of 8+2 power phases if you want to OC the CPU. Then just match up with a mobo that has the required slots.