PCPower&Cool HSF or generic?

G

I had a system builder make fun of my PC Power and Cooling Z1-D HSF today, (which is a huge chunk of zinc, I believe) and wanted to swap it out with their thinner lighter generic one (at no cost)...

The PC Power one has a single curled wire connector, and the generic has a spring clip.

Just curious which should be better. I'm not sure if the generic is AMD approved, but I also found out today that "technically" the PC Power one is not either, although PC Power stated that AMD uses theirs all the time in house. (Not sure I believe them anymore). Although I've used PC Power & Cooling stuff for years, and they do have lots of good products.

Which one would you guys use?? The PC Power one is much heaver, with a slightly smaller fan. I'm not sure about which to use, but I can't spend any more money!

Thanks,

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Material, surface area, density, and fan output (CFM) are all factors. If the generic cooler has an extruded aluminum body (not cast), more surface area, and better fan output, it will probably work better.

Suicide is painless...........

TRENDING THREADS