Question Peculiar issues with external hard drive ?

Jul 27, 2024
Two weeks ago I started transferring my external hard drive between my main PC and a laptop in order to have files more conveniently available.

However, the first time I brought it back from the laptop and plugged it into my main PC again, a folder that I tried to access was corrupted, and a game I'd installed while on the laptop was not visible whatsoever. Once I used the windows repair tool, both of these things were fixed.

But the same thing happened today. Brought it back from the laptop, same folder was corrupted and a game I'd installed was not visible. Both also fixed after using the windows repair tool.
At a friends recommendation I checked for NTFS errors in the windows event viewer, here are all of the ones I found:
A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume F:. The exact nature of the corruption is unknown. The file system structures need to be scanned online.
Volume F: (\Device\HarddiskVolume5) needs to be taken offline to perform a Full Chkdsk. Please run "CHKDSK /F" locally via the command line, or run "REPAIR-VOLUME <drive:>" locally or remotely via PowerShell.
The file system structure on volume F: cannot be corrected.Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume F:.
A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume F:. The Master File Table (MFT) contains a corrupted file record. The file reference number is 0x1000000000000. The name of the file is "<unable to determine file name>".
And here is the crystal disk thing:

Any possible solutions to prevent this happening in the future?