Question Peerless Assasin Mounting Adapter

Mar 11, 2024
Hello,

I have an MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX LGA1700 and I'm going to use a peerless assassin cooler, but I am getting a message on my part builder that says it may require a separate mounting adapter to fit the motherboard. Does anyone know what kind of adapter it will need?

Thank you.

I don’t remember having to buy a separate adapter. Running an msi z690 pro WiFi with a 12600kf. Pretty sure all I needed was included. The thermalright peerless assassin 120 se I just looked at on Amazon says it’s compatible with LGA 1700.

Reactions: redglow
Mar 11, 2024
I don’t remember having to buy a separate adapter. Running an msi z690 pro WiFi with a 12600kf. Pretty sure all I needed was included. The thermalright peerless assassin 120 se I just looked at on Amazon says it’s compatible with LGA 1700.
Ok I'll wait until I get the unit and then see, thank you.

I got a Peerless Assassin 120 SE for my LGA1700 box and didn't have to do anything as it's already compatible.

I'm not sure why that message comes up on PC Part Picker as the cooler was even released after LGA1700. I'm guessing it's a bug in whatever they use to determine compatibility and nobody has fixed it.

Reactions: Why_Me