Pentium4 mobo

G

I've seen only one mobo designed for PIV, that was Asustek's - ASUS P4T.
This is what information I have for this mobo:

"The ASUS P4T introduces a new generation of performance by being the first motherboard to support the new Intel Pentium 4 processor. While incorporating advanced technology features such as 400 MHz bus speeds, 3.2 GB/s peak bandwidth, and ATA 100, the ASUS P4T also offers flexibility with easy overclocking, 4 USB ports, and up to 2 GB of RDRAM support. Power, reliability and advanced features, the ASUS P4T has everything you need to take modern computing to a new level."

Guys can you share with me and tell what PIV mobos (stable with good perfomance and features-like wake on stuff (keyboard,mouse) are out there.
Thank you beforehand.

Sanjar Saidhojaev
MS in IT, Rochester Institute of Technology

G

RAMBUS is 16-bit CRAP.

I'd rather have slow 32/64-bit memory than fast 16-bit anyday!

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
4 USB ports HA! athlon platforms can support 7!

Smart guys are not smart; they only see things in different perspective.
1st <b>member</b>!

G

I'll give two more months as chance to Intel, and if it can't satisfy me than AMD is my choice. :)

Diemos

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I don't know why you are all fired up about the P4. If you're one of those diehard !ntel fans than I would suggest you skip this P4 all together, and wait for the "real" P4 that will be here Q3 next year (so they say). If you dive in now you'll be stuck with a mobo that offers no upgrade path, that's no place to be. On the other hand, you could take what ever P3 you have layin' around, and slap some of that PC150 SDRAM on it and FSB oc to the moon. As far as I can tell, increasing the FSB to 140 is no problem with these sticks as long as your proc & mobo can handle it. Above all, do what you want! I'm tired of seein' people down other people based on what proc they run, this is the home of the free. I'm joining the Navy soon and am proud to be serving my country. Good luck with whatever you decide on.
Fair Winds, Diemos