[SOLVED] Performance Issue i7-4790k & GTX 1080 FTW 2

tal_1_

Reputable
Dec 19, 2016
Hey, I have i7-4790k overclocked to 4.7Ghz, ran a stress test for 4 hours and it was stable.
I will stress test more when I go to sleep but I think it's stable.

GTX 1080 is not overclocked.

I watched these videos (video, video) of two people with the same components as me and their performances were much better than mine. I run at about 70-80 FPS with the same settings (Highest)
My CPU has a higher score than normal on Cinebench R20 so it means that it's not that he is underperforming, same for the GPU on Superposition...
The temps are fine what could be the problem?

Some friends of mine told me that since that upload date there were some changes in Warzone caused a decrease in performance but I don't think its that.
I don't think it's the overclocking because even when I was stock on CPU I had lower performance

Maybe you'll know the answer thanks :)

Solution
hardware is only a piece of the puzzle. how windows is configured also plays a big role. most likely they have completely tweaked their windows to ensure the best performance. if they do this for a living, i know they will know how to do this as well as tweak the game software to get the best performance possible.

you will never get the same results as someone else no matter how much you are sure everything is the same. too many variables to ever be identical. to fully know what they did to their system, you have to ask the video creator. they may or may not tell you, but i assure you, they are not running stock windows and stock game settings.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hey, I have i7-4790k overclocked to 4.7Ghz, ran a stress test for 4 hours and it was stable.
I will stress test more when I go to sleep but I think it's stable.

GTX 1080 not overclocked.

I watched these videos (video, video) of two people with the same components as me and their performances were much better than mine. I run at about 70-80 FPS with the same settings (Highest)
My CPU has a higher score than normal on Cinebench R20 so it means that it's not that he is underperforming, same for the GPU on Superposition...
The temps are fine what could be the problem?

Some friends of mine told me that since that upload date there were some changes in Warzone caused a decrease in performance but I don't think its that.

Maybe you'll know the answer thanks :)

Hi @tal_1_

Not so much of an answer I'm afraid, but rather more like an observation.

Silicone Lottery.

No 2 CPU's/GPU's are ever 100% alike. You could have an identical PC to a friends and either you or he will have better performance. Sounds like this could be the case here. Also like your friend mentioned, a patch can also make changes that can lessen your performance over your friends & vice versa. Your PC's hardware, spyware or even just the GPU driver version you currently have installed can effect your hardware differently.

I have a 2700x and it OC's better than a friends 2700x. I also have a 5700 XT. For some, these cards are hit or miss. Some have gotten the same GPU but have had nothing but problems whereas I have not had a single problem.

Sorry, I know that was a useless reply, but still partially true.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
hardware is only a piece of the puzzle. how windows is configured also plays a big role. most likely they have completely tweaked their windows to ensure the best performance. if they do this for a living, i know they will know how to do this as well as tweak the game software to get the best performance possible.

you will never get the same results as someone else no matter how much you are sure everything is the same. too many variables to ever be identical. to fully know what they did to their system, you have to ask the video creator. they may or may not tell you, but i assure you, they are not running stock windows and stock game settings.

Solution

tal_1_

Reputable
Dec 19, 2016
Hi @tal_1_

Not so much of an answer I'm afraid, but rather more like an observation.

Silicone Lottery.

No 2 CPU's/GPU's are ever 100% alike. You could have an identical PC to a friends and either you or he will have better performance. Sounds like this could be the case here. Also like your friend mentioned, a patch can also make changes that can lessen your performance over your friends & vice versa. Your PC's hardware, spyware or even just the GPU driver version you currently have installed can effect your hardware differently.

I have a 2700x and it OC's better than a friends 2700x. I also have a 5700 XT. For some, these cards are hit or miss. Some have gotten the same GPU but have had nothing but problems whereas I have not had a single problem.

Sorry, I know that was a useless reply, but still partially true.

alright, thanks you guys!

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you can of course increase your performance with some tweaks of your own. easiest way is to get rid of all the win 10 bloat booting up with your pc.

i use autoruns

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

to see what is set to start at boot time. and it is a VERY long list of stuff you don't need running. go through that list and remove a good bit of it from start-up and then if there are no issues, simply start disabling some of the services for good and/or uninstalling some of the built in bloat that comes with win 10.

also do some searching for the game you are looking at and i'm sure you'll find some guides to configure it for max performance. often it is simply running at lower settings for max fps but there are always a trick or 2 to help boost it a bit beyond normal.

TRENDING THREADS