Question Performance issues

Aug 18, 2024
Since i've bought this laptop, it was performing way worse than it should. After 2 years the issues got so bad that i can't play most of my games, even on lowest graphics without getting huge fps drops. They happen about every second or 2, my fps goes from 60 to about 5-10, could anyone help me solve this, I tried almost everything without success. https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/68438679

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I tried almost everything without success
What have you tried prior to creating an account here and this thread? It's so we're not repeating what didn't work for you.

1| Check to see if the laptop has any BIOS updates pending
2| Check to see if your OS is pending any updates
3| Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode
4| Manually reinstall the latest GPU driver, sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command

Userbenchmark is considered junk science and may contain malware.

I see many complaints about gaming laptops not performing well.
Usually gaming while plugged in.
One common cause is thermal throttling.
Laptop coolers must, of necessity be small and light.
The coolers are also relatively underpowered.
If you run an app such as HWMonitor or HWinfo, you will get the current, minimum, and maximum cpu temperatures. Set to see each individual core.
For intel processors, if you see a max of 100c. in red, it means you have throttled.

The cpu will lower it's multiplier and power draw to protect itself until the situation reverses.
At a lower multiplier, your cpu usage may well be at 100%
What can you do?
First, see that your cooler airways are clear and that the cooler fan is spinning.
Use a windows balanced power profile, not the performance profile.
Set a minimum cpu performance to something like 20%

It is counter-intuitive, but, try changing the windows balanced power profile advanced functions to a max of 90% instead of the default of 100%
You may not notice the reduced cpu performance.

Aug 18, 2024
Userbenchmark is considered junk science and may contain malware.

I see many complaints about gaming laptops not performing well.
Usually gaming while plugged in.
One common cause is thermal throttling.
Laptop coolers must, of necessity be small and light.
The coolers are also relatively underpowered.
If you run an app such as HWMonitor or HWinfo, you will get the current, minimum, and maximum cpu temperatures. Set to see each individual core.
For intel processors, if you see a max of 100c. in red, it means you have throttled.

The cpu will lower it's multiplier and power draw to protect itself until the situation reverses.
At a lower multiplier, your cpu usage may well be at 100%
What can you do?
First, see that your cooler airways are clear and that the cooler fan is spinning.
Use a windows balanced power profile, not the performance profile.
Set a minimum cpu performance to something like 20%

It is counter-intuitive, but, try changing the windows balanced power profile advanced functions to a max of 90% instead of the default of 100%
You may not notice the reduced cpu performance.
Even tho the CPU is flagged as the problem, when I play the CPU is usually around 50% usage. On the other side the GPU is the problem in my opinion, I set the max CPU usage to 85% a long time ago for temp reasons

Aug 18, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I tried almost everything without success
What have you tried prior to creating an account here and this thread? It's so we're not repeating what didn't work for you.

1| Check to see if the laptop has any BIOS updates pending
2| Check to see if your OS is pending any updates
3| Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode
4| Manually reinstall the latest GPU driver, sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command
I update all software weekly including drivers, i play on lowest setting, even tried lowering my resolution, Reinstalling the drivers didnt do anything

Your processor can process 16 threads, Games will use only a fraction of them, mostly one thread. 50% of the whole may still indicate a cpu issue.
Try testing for throttling.
Install HWinfo or similar and stress the cpu.
CPU-Z stress test is an easy way.
Look for a cpu temperature of 100c. in red which indicates throttling.