Question Peripherals Randomly turning off

May 14, 2023
Hi,

I've been having some issues with my headset and mouse in particular where they would stop working in certain games that I play. There would be like a small little lag spike while playing and then either my mouse would stop working or my headset or sometimes even both. The strange thing is that my mouse's RGB is still working meaning its getting power. The only way that I have managed to fix it is by unplugging the device and plugging it back in. And my keyboard never has this issue.

Peripherals being used , Logitech G502 wired mouse (a few years old) and Steel Series Artic 7+ Wireless Headsets ( 4 months old).

Fixes tried:
Latest firmware downloaded
Clean Win11 reinstall
On-board memory activated on the mouse and not running it on G-Hub
Changed USB power settings in device manager

System specs:
Win 11 Pro
64x
So any advice on what I can try/install to see where the problem could be?

Only resolution might then have to be to replace my peripherals.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Best test is a multi meter as software isn't always accurate.

multimeter https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

or in the BIOS to check the +3.3V, +5V, and +12V. - https://www.lifewire.com/power-supply-voltage-tolerances-2624583

BIOS scores not overly useful as PC isn't under load in there.

I don't know that brand and there aren't many reviews of the PSU out there. Their gold PSU are meant to be okay. The others have been known to be bad. You probably better off with something from Corsair or Seasonic, depends on what gear is in PC. If its a good PC, you need a good PSU.

Reactions: Ralston18

Ralston18

Titan
And if the problems continue then take a look in Reliabiilty History/Monitor and Event Viewer.

Either one or both tools may be logging some error code, warning, or even an informational event just before or at the time of the noted issues.

May 14, 2023
Issue is resolved. Haven't had any peripherals turned off , so that extra 100W was clearly needed. Thanks for all the replies.