PETA Invading WoW to Stop Baby Seal Slaughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

theJ

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Ha, that's funny. I thought for a minute this was another April Fools joke.

PETA's going to get it handed to them...

kenyee

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
It'd be funny if WoW players all showed up and killed off all the PETA characters, then kill off all the seals, then steal the boats :)

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]kenyee[/nom]It'd be funny if WoW players all showed up and killed off all the PETA characters, then kill off all the seals, then steal the boats :)[/citation]

Haha, oh man. It's so wrong to laugh, but +1! I agree with their cause but this idea is a bit out there.

OrderChaos

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
PETA = People for the Eating of Tasty Animals (sarcasm intended)

LOL PETA has always, and from the looks of it always will be, Crazy in the way they go about their agenda. I don't care if you agree with them or not (I don't for the most part) you have to agree that PETA is pretty much only good for the lolz.

hyssar

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
The funniest thing is that many people don't understand that if you don't manage the seal population, they're all going to die from hunger... about WoW, cmon, it's a g-a-m-e!

PETA isn't known for the brightest and best marketing ideas. They are well known for really stupid off the wall stuff though. PETA groups have been known to be so staunch in their protection of animals, that they have willingly caused harm to humans in the process.

I'm all for protecting seals (especially baby ones), but WoW is probably not the best advertising location.

biscuits_are_yummy

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Wow, I lucked out big time. I have a character on that server. Oh it's on now... Saturday + Fraps = YouTube video of in game special event spectacular happy fun time!

It's seal clubbin' time, buddy.

*throws on sunglasses*

Heh - If the PETA folks want to make a statement, how about heading down to Daytona Bike Week and tossing paint on all the people wandering around wearing "Animal Skins". Then follow the PETA folks around with cameras, put the results on Pay Per View TV, and donate the proceeds to charity.

I'd pay to see that :)

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I think they should stick to showing attractive women naked because they refuse to wear fur. That actually gets my attention.

Regected

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
PETA's animal shelter has a lower adoption rate than any other major animal shelter in the country. That means that PETA kills more animals than anyone. I can't see how that is ethical treatment of animals.

If I still played WoW, I would just sit where they are planning to do this and kill all the seals as the spawn. Stupid terrorist hiding behind an ideological agenda.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Regected[/nom]PETA's animal shelter has a lower adoption rate than any other major animal shelter in the country. That means that PETA kills more animals than anyone. I can't see how that is ethical treatment of animals.If I still played WoW, I would just sit where they are planning to do this and kill all the seals as the spawn. Stupid terrorist hiding behind an ideological agenda.[/citation]

PETA takes in an enormous amount of animals that have been abused or neglected, far more than any other shelter. On top of that they have RIDICULOUS requirements for adopting the animals. I have a huge back yard that is safe and fun to play with and two other happy and healthy animals but was turned out TWICE when I tried to adopt an animal from a shelter. I ended up buying one from a local breeder instead of helping out a homeless one because I wasn't ALLOWED to help out a homeless one. It is insanity.

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
PETA: always good for a lol.

You'd think that, for all the attention-getting campaigns they can come up with, they'd actually be making some real progress. Unfortunately their campaigns, their internal hypocrisy, and what I suspect to be their batshit-loopy higher-ups give lie to the old saying about "there's no such thing as bad publicity."

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
There has always been some PETA in WoW:

D.E.H.T.A (Druids for the Ethical and Humane Treatment of Animals) is an organization created in direct opposition to master hunter Hemet Nesingwary (just for the record, yes there is yet another Hemet Nesingwary.. in STV, Nagrand and now in Northrend, soon we won't have any more animals in Azeroth but well well). They are opposed to what is essentially the decimation of the wildlife caused by Nesingwary and his hunters, and they also give players the chance to battle Hemet's hunters.

They give ironic quests to collect hunter ears. They ask you to play tricks on hunters, springing baby elephants from traps, and feeding four-legged friends. Their quest line ends in a mounted chase: with you riding down a boss character atop a woolly mammoth, complete with charge, and elephantine roar abilities.

iron-e

Distinguished
May 2, 2008
[citation][nom]hyssar[/nom]The funniest thing is that many people don't understand that if you don't manage the seal population, they're all going to die from hunger[/citation]

I'm no tree-hugger, but I think that's a lousy excuse to beat something to death with a club. It's an even lamer reason than "If I club this infant seal, make a fluffy coat and give it to a woman she will sleep with me."

KiLo81

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
BBQ'd, Baby, Seals and plenty cold Budwiser. Know thats a party on the patio. PETA, god I hate those douches.

scryer_360

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
With it being a non-pvp server, I think what's going to happen is people will show up and slaughter the little seals.

Even more so, PETA just offended most of the Horde players.

solymnar

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
I, and pretty much anyone I've ever talked to, have never quite grasped the full extent of the lunacy that is behind PETA.

If someone told me that in order to become an official member you had to spend most of your days high and completely out of your mind it would sound more plausible than most of the utterly insane plans they come up with. Some of the garbage they spew is so unflinchingly stupid that it nullifies any traction they could possibly gain with the very few reasonable goals they do have.

The things they do are far more funny if I try to ignore that there are real people who are members of this organization. Believing in what they do and supporting these actions. It is both sad and scary that someone is that out of touch with reality, let alone an organization full of them.

I always love the efficiency argument that grasslands used for grazing only give you 10% of the energy return from the animals raised vs. the raw grass itself. The only minor problem being that humans don't eat grass, and without MAJOR genetic tinkering never will. You were born an omnivore and will die as one, there are few ways around this that are healthy in the long term.

G

How about this "excuse" then, if the seal population isnt kept in control they decimate the fish population, and crowd out any other living thing in the area.

I always love how they show baby seals with big black eyes whenever seal hunting is brought up but never tell anyone that hunting the baby / young seals is completely against the law. Why dont they show the big fat black honking things that are actually killed during the hunt, but that wouldnt fit into PETAs little agenda very well now would it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS