Phanteks Eclipse overheating issues

danrogers1982

Reputable
Mar 29, 2015
Ok, so my current situation is I just rebuilt a skylake system into my phanteks eclipse p400 and its still overheating. I had a 4970k build with asus strix 980ti and it would run hot so I had to game with the front panel off.

Well thats still the problem with skylake. I also went from corsair 120mm cooler to a 240mm cooler. The fans are on both sides of the rad in the front of the case doing a push/pull. Idle temps are 19c with 4.3ghz. In the top of the case I have 2 thermaltake riing 140mm fans exhausting and on the back I have a 120mm riing for extra intake. 2 matches of battlefield 4 multiplayer put me at 65c on cpu and 85c on the gpu.

So my questions are
1. Do I have optimal placement of intake exhaust and rad?
2. Am I hurting overall intake by mounting the push/pull setup?

I am about 3 seconds away from going EK on this gpu. Gonna try running the gpu fan manually up around 80-90% while I wait on some feedback. Thanks!

Lookin4Info

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
Your CPU temps are perfectly fine (I have a 4790k with a Corsair H100i and my temps are usually around that after playing bf4).
Your GPU temp is kinda high for a 3 fan GPU.

What are you using to see your temps? Have you tried using a different temp monitoring software? Maybe this current one is inaccurate.

Only thing I'd really suggest would be manually upping the GPU fan speed which you said you were going to do.