Question Phanteks Eclipse P360A included fans rgb not working?

Aug 7, 2021
Hi so I have built a new pc and the rgb on the front included fans for my Phanteks Eclipse p360A are not working. I had gotten some 4-pin adapters since my rog strix b550-f needed them as all the 12v rgb headers were 4 pin and the fans rgb adapters on the case were three pin. I plugged it in and the rgb is not working it will flicker sometimes when I try to fit the 4pin connector into fans rgb 3 pin header. but when I plug the 3 pin header into the 4 pin it will not work I have the 4pin connected to the motherboard right where the grey is in the 12v side ive been working on this for about two weeks and cannot find a solution.

DSzymborski

Titan
Hi so I have built a new pc and the rgb on the front included fans for my Phanteks Eclipse p360A are not working. I had gotten some 4-pin adapters since my rog strix b550-f needed them as all the 12v rgb headers were 4 pin and the fans rgb adapters on the case were three pin. I plugged it in and the rgb is not working it will flicker sometimes when I try to fit the 4pin connector into fans rgb 3 pin header. but when I plug the 3 pin header into the 4 pin it will not work I have the 4pin connected to the motherboard right where the grey is in the 12v side ive been working on this for about two weeks and cannot find a solution.

It's hard to tell as your description's a little confusing, but it sounds a lot like you're trying to plug 5V fans into 12V headers. Which is, well, a problem.

Aug 7, 2021
It's hard to tell as your description's a little confusing, but it sounds a lot like you're trying to plug 5V fans into 12V headers. Which is, well, a problem.
[/QUO
Thank you for the help, this should work then right? https://www.newegg.com/deepcool-rgb-convertor-black/p/1W8-00JK-00030. Also I have another problem there's a little argb strip inside the case right now its only showing a dim blue light and I do have a 3 pin argb header on my motherboard so I plugged it into that but it still seems to not work. in the manual it specifies that the three pin is used for 5v argb strips. which the rgb on the case is argb

DSzymborski

Titan
I don't understand why you're trying to connect 5V fans to a 12V header or converting to one. Also, the fans may no longer have functional RGB. And what are these strips? I got the manual myself from Phanteks' website and there's no mention of 5V RGB strips that I can see anywhere.

As I said, this narrative is extremely confusing.

Aug 7, 2021
I don't understand why you're trying to connect 5V fans to a 12V header or converting to one. Also, the fans may no longer have functional RGB. And what are these strips? I got the manual myself from Phanteks' website and there's no mention of 5V RGB strips that I can see anywhere.

As I said, this narrative is extremely confusing.
Really? Because on newegg in the cases description it says it comes with 2 drgb fans and one drgb strip in the case, drgb being phanteks way of saying argb which is 5v and im trying to convert it because I have two 4pin rgb headers which are 12v and one 3pin header which is 5v on the motherboard im trying to connect the two fans "which are daisychained" to a 4pin header but the header is 12 volt so i would like to convert it. Ive got the strip connected to the 3pin header which is just showing a dim light also the rgb still works on the fans I can see a little light coming off of it.

DSzymborski

Titan
Really? Because on newegg in the cases description it says it comes with 2 drgb fans and one drgb strip in the case, drgb being phanteks way of saying argb which is 5v and im trying to convert it because I have two 4pin rgb headers which are 12v and one 3pin header which is 5v on the motherboard im trying to connect the two fans "which are daisychained" to a 4pin header but the header is 12 volt so i would like to convert it. Ive got the strip connected to the 3pin header which is just showing a dim light also the rgb still works on the fans I can see a little light coming off of it.

You said "in the manual."

Now you're saying "on newegg in the case's description." I don't say any reference to a "strip" on Newegg's site either.

Because of the lack of clear information about anything you're doing here, I don't think I can provide any assistance. I wish you the best of luck, though!

TRENDING THREADS