[SOLVED] Phanteks Eclipse P400A front and back fans help

Infectedd

Prominent
Mar 30, 2019
Hey all

I'm doing my first build by myself, so I wanted some clarification on this.
I'm planning on getting the P400A case, which has support for 3x 120mm fans in the front.
I heard that the three stock fans that come with the case each has their own PWM connector, so they would take up 3 slots rather than 1.
I wanted to know if this was true, and if there was an obvious solution to the problem? Would it be an idea to replace the three stock fans altogether and get a 3-pack (which to my understanding is already tied to one cable from the get-go)?
The one in the back could just have it's own connector, since it's only one fan anyway. I'll need to buy this fan seperately, as there is none in the case by default.

I also wanted to know about the RGB's in the fans. Do I need to link them into a control panel like the ASUS Aurora panel? Maybe there's a cheaper solution to this, if so, please point it out. I understand that each fan has both a PWM cable and an RGB cable, but I'm not quite sure where the RGB cable plugs in to the motherboard or PC altogether.

If it's at all relevant, the case will contain an ASUS RTX 3080 ROG STRIX and an i7 10700K with a Noctua UH-12S cooler on top. I'm planning on getting the ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F motherboard and a Corsair RM 750x power supply, as they are compatible with the equipment so far (from what I've gathered).

Thanks for the help.

Solution
maybe check manual of the case and u will see what u get with case and what is include what isnt. case is really good...your motherboard have only
1 x CPU Fan connector(s)
1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s)
2 x Chassis Fan connector(s)
u must buy fan hub that is the best solution for more than 3 fan on pc case
if case come with 3 front fans u need 3 extra fans if u want 2 on top and 1 back...
u will probably get rgb hub with case
lastly

NH-U12A i think is better

dimtodim

Reputable
maybe check manual of the case and u will see what u get with case and what is include what isnt. case is really good...your motherboard have only
1 x CPU Fan connector(s)
1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s)
2 x Chassis Fan connector(s)
u must buy fan hub that is the best solution for more than 3 fan on pc case
if case come with 3 front fans u need 3 extra fans if u want 2 on top and 1 back...
u will probably get rgb hub with case
lastly

NH-U12A i think is better

Solution

Infectedd

Prominent
Mar 30, 2019
I changed out the Noctua NH-U12S for the A model, thanks.
So should I get a fan hub and plug 6 fans into that, (3 on the front, 2 on the top and 1 on the back)?
The case has a basic RGB hub but if I wanted software RGB control, I think I would need an RGB controller too.
Should I just buy 3 fans so that I have 6 total, or should I buy 6 so that I can replace the stock ones? The stock ones seem to be non-named.

So should I get a fan hub and plug 6 fans into that, (3 on the front, 2 on the top and 1 on the back)?
The case has a basic RGB hub but if I wanted software RGB control, I think I would need an RGB controller too.
Should I just buy 3 fans so that I have 6 total, or should I buy 6 so that I can replace the stock ones? The stock ones seem to be non-named.

The board you're buying has 2 x addressable rgb headers, you're covered on the rgb aspect as the phanteks (assuming the digital rgb version) has rgb splitters on the fans.

I'm also fairly certain that it comes with a phanteks branded 1 to 3 x 4 pin own splitter.

I may be wrong but these are available from amazon etc for less than $10.

Seriously don't even consider swapping out the included rgb fans, they're phanteks own brand and are very decent.

At the max add 1 x 120mm rear exhaust and 1 x 140mm top rear exhaust, don't use the top front fan slot, all it will do is interfere with intake airflow to the cpu cooler.

Infectedd

Prominent
Mar 30, 2019
I'm also fairly certain that it comes with a phanteks branded 1 to 3 x 4 pin own splitter.

I may be wrong but these are available from amazon etc for less than $10.

Okay so based on this, this is my current plan, please correct it as you see fit:
I get the P400A Digital
I buy two extra fans, one 120mm for the rear, vertical slot and one 140mm for the rear-top slot.
I buy 1 additional 4pin Y-splitter, so that it can go into both of these two new fans in 1 slot.
Assuming that the 3 front fans' PWM cables are already daisy-chained, they will fit into only 1 slot. Now both slots of the motherboard are filled.

If I want the RGB's to be controllable from software on the PC, do I need any additional hubs or hardware, or will I be able to connect all 5 fan RGB's into the motherboard this way?
Thanks a ton for the help, I feel very lost on this currently.

dimtodim

Reputable
Stock fans dont need be replaced u will see

Just a thought, have you considered the lancool 2 mesh rgb instead?

Personally I think it's a better case than the phanteks

I don't know where you are but it's actually cheaper in the UK.

dimtodim

Reputable
Okay so based on this, this is my current plan, please correct it as you see fit:
I get the P400A Digital
I buy two extra fans, one 120mm for the rear, vertical slot and one 140mm for the rear-top slot.
I buy 1 additional 4pin Y-splitter, so that it can go into both of these two new fans in 1 slot.
Assuming that the 3 front fans' PWM cables are already daisy-chained, they will fit into only 1 slot. Now both slots of the motherboard are filled.

If I want the RGB's to be controllable from software on the PC, do I need any additional hubs or hardware, or will I be able to connect all 5 fan RGB's into the motherboard this way?
Thanks a ton for the help, I feel very lost on this currently.
If u dont use hub fan u can easly overload motherboar if she dont have more imputs for fan with spliter max use two fan.. Fan hub have own powersuply

Infectedd

Prominent
Mar 30, 2019
Just a thought, have you considered the lancool 2 mesh rgb instead?

Personally I think it's a better case than the phanteks

I don't know where you are but it's actually cheaper in the UK.
Sadly the case isn't available here in Denmark at all.