Phanteks Enthoo Luxe case & Seasonic Snow Silent 1050w

tgiacomo

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
Hello I am trying to find out will this work together before I purchase the Luxe case. I have purchased the Snow Silent Power supply 1050 watt. I want to purchase the Luxe case however not sure this will work great. Anyone have a picture, or a link of a picture of both the Luxe and the Snow Silent PSU.

As I have seen the document (pdf) of the case there is a cover to cover the whole entire PSU however with the Snow Silent PSU that would not work as the cover would cover the fan. So I would have to leave the cover off.

I have been googling and searching for hours and cannot find a picture of anyone's build with the LUXE Case white color & the Seasonic Snow Silent PSU.

Thanks in advance

tgiacomo

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
I understand that it can be turned upside down however the whole point of me spending over 200 bucks for that PSU was the color and style of it. It is a waste to me if I have to cover it up with the case cover. At the point of covering it up I could have just chosen any PSU. I have been searching for someone's build or pictures of a luxe with the cover off to see what it would look like- if possible.

tgiacomo

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
I cannot find any system build pictures with that case and the cover off on someone's PSU unit. I have been looking at many forum boards of pictures of people''s builds but everyone of them cover is always hiding the PSU and I do really like the Luxe case but not sure I am going to get it if I have to hide the PSU.

I see what you're saying.
Enthoo-Luxe_4.jpg

The power supply is hidden underneath that one section. My case is the same way. This is actually a good thing often because the heat from the case tends to stay away from the PSU. Also, the back of the PSU still is visible when viewing the back side of the computer, so the white PSU will match the white case when viewed form the back.

You'll find that a computer looks less good with the PS showing anyway. It looks a lot cleaner when the PSU is hidden like so.

tgiacomo

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
Thinking out of the box so to speak...

I wonder if it would look good maybe cutting the cover in half, so my PSU would show and right at the end of the power supply unit attaching the left over part of the cover to the end of the PSU. SO I get both parts in there aesthetically looking good. Not sure

Meaning at the end of the cover is the rubber grommet that the wires come through in the picture you provided...

So I could cut it and then place the cover to the back side of the PSU with no space so it looks like it is attached...

tgiacomo

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
If you look at the picture you posted, the cover is say for example 16 inches long (I am sure it is longer than 12 inches) and towards the end of the cover there is a rubber grommet that the PSU wires from inside the cover would go through.

So what I was saying is if the power supply was say 8 inches long I could cut the cover 1 inch past the psu and then the left over part of the cover that includes the rubber grommet I still could have the wires going through that and I would have both the psu showing only to the endo of the psu and have the cover showing through the window of the case. Yes I am able to cut the cover and then I would place a rubberseal over the cut if that makes sense. Once I am done with this build I will post pictures. I was just trying to get someone's build out of thousands that might of had the same setup but I guess not...