Question Phanteks P300 Eclipse Led issue

biL4

Reputable
Feb 27, 2019
Hello!

Currently I have some issues with my new case Phanteks P300 Eclipse.

The led around the power on/off and the side one cannot be controlled via case Led button. Cannot switch off. The led is static red from the first time the case was used. Probably the button is broken but this didn't bother me that much.

I want to connect this led modules to the motherboard. I already bought the Phanteks Motherboard RGB Led Adapter PRODUCT CODE : PH-CB_RGB4P.

The question: Is possible to control both led modules from the mobo software since the button on the case is broken ? The led modules are powered by a Sata cable and the modules are linked together with a cable connector (stock cables/ one coming from the side led and one cable coming from the top button led / side Led connector is plugged in the top Led cable socket)

Maybe someone already did this with this case model and can guide me.

Big Thanks!

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro wi-fi
Case: Phanteks P300 Eclipse

biL4

Reputable
Feb 27, 2019
Ok. Thanks for the answear.

The adaptor has 3 plug. 1 in the mobo and the 2 remaining ?

Basically the 2 remaining plugs from the adaptor should go in the case plugs but I doubt that they will fit :(

biL4

Reputable
Feb 27, 2019
Hello again! Here is a visual representation of whats going on inside the case.

The RGB adapter does not fit with any of the sockets from the case. You can see that the two led modules are linked together with a socket. After unplugging, none of the two header fits with any of the adapter headers.

Can someone explain whats going on ? Is there any other adapter that will work with my case ? Please advise
And here is a link with the adapter http://www.phanteks.com/PH-CB_RGB4P.html

MQSxYmV.png