[SOLVED] Phanteks P400A vs CoolerMaster NR600 vs Fractal Design Meshify C Mini (vs Corsair 4000D airflow?)

eternalabys

Reputable
Nov 8, 2018
Hello everyone,

I've recently gotten in to a rabbit hole of choosing a case.

Issue is, I need to chose one of these cases (as they're pretty much the same in terms of cost) that provide me with not only ample amount of airflow, but also are easy to build in.

A reviewer I've watched said that the P400A has relatively poor cable management for the front intake fans, as the only hole that let's them go through the back and to the motherboard is through the hole where the front I/O cables go through. Which would be certainly annoying as I'm basically filling the case with fans. (Fans will be a mixture of Be Quiet Silent Wings 3 from my previous case and Arctic P12's from the AIO.)

I'm going to be using a very thick 240mm AIO radiator for my CPU cooler (65mm including the fans), and so need enough space to either top mount it (best case scenario, pun intended.) or at least front mount it.

Now, the issue is that when I get a new GPU, I want it to have good airflow as well, I know the Meshify C Mini is good build quality, but it only has 2 front intake fans that would be taken up by the 240mm cooler, as I'd probably be unable to place it up top.
The NR600 has 3 fans in the front and MIGHT fit the thick 240mm cooler at the top, although most likely not.
The P400A also has 3 intake fans but it has absolutely no way of fitting a radiator at the top.

I also looked in to another case at a similar price point, the Corsair 4000D airflow, I feel like it could probably fit it, but I don't think I like the bare bones'ness of the case, even if it does look pretty good.

Overall I'm thinking of getting the NR600. But as I'm going to be filling the case with fans either way, I want to see what other people think of the potential airflow differences of the cases.

Solution
240mm yes. 280mm yes. There's very few cases that fit a 360mm in front that allow bottom feed because the hoses are not long enough. That could be rectified by using tubing and a fractal design or other aio that has g1/4 expansion fittings.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Phanteks or Fractal mini. Depending on looks or wants.

Pc's built around liquid cooling don't require the same kind of airflow characteristics that pc's built around aircooling require. The aio pc airflow just has to move, it doesn't have to supply anything other than the gpu. Natural convection will take care of most actual air movement towards the rear/top rear exhausts.

eternalabys

Reputable
Nov 8, 2018
Phanteks or Fractal mini. Depending on looks or wants.

Pc's built around liquid cooling don't require the same kind of airflow characteristics that pc's built around aircooling require. The aio pc airflow just has to move, it doesn't have to supply anything other than the gpu. Natural convection will take care of most actual air movement towards the rear/top rear exhausts.

I see, but would the AIO's radiator fit in the top? Or at least with the tubes down in the front with Phanteks or Meshify C Mini.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
240mm yes. 280mm yes. There's very few cases that fit a 360mm in front that allow bottom feed because the hoses are not long enough. That could be rectified by using tubing and a fractal design or other aio that has g1/4 expansion fittings.

Solution

eternalabys

Reputable
Nov 8, 2018

Alright then, thank you very much for your answers. I will most likely go for the Fractal Design Meshify C Mini as I like the looks and quality of it.