Phantom folder discovered. How do I have 2 folders with same name?

crooked windows

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2013
How do I have 2 folders with same name? (Win7 64bit pre)
I store all files on drive S including downloads. I have now discovered I have an identical similarly? named "Download" folder, ( screenshot). I have been trying to find. I opened the 2 download folders side by side and don't see the difference until I tried to right click on each address bar for curiosity, Screen shot shows the 2 folder paths and the Edit Address showed "S:\Dowmloads" on one and "S:\Reader" one the second . So wth? Where does this come from? Google seems to bring Adobe pdf results but I dont have any Adobe stuff running

library
[/img]

Solution
I think you're confusing your manually created drive S: Downloads directory with Windows7s own shortcut Downloads directory in the Quick Access section of File Explorer.

If you right click on the Downloads Quick access link in File Explorer you can select Properties and then the location tab to see it real location on your drive. You can move that default link to point towards your S: drive folder if you like by choosing Find Target.

crooked windows

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2013
Screen shot seems to have not uploaded but both folders address are > my name >Files >S drive (tray2) >Downloads . without the arrows of course and with the exception that their contents are completely different

Major_Trouble

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
I think you're confusing your manually created drive S: Downloads directory with Windows7s own shortcut Downloads directory in the Quick Access section of File Explorer.

If you right click on the Downloads Quick access link in File Explorer you can select Properties and then the location tab to see it real location on your drive. You can move that default link to point towards your S: drive folder if you like by choosing Find Target.

Solution

crooked windows

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2013

Arh, the old Windows Mirror Trick , got me by that much. , The identical folder paths in address bar should be color coded or something for us blind guys. Thanks a million

TRENDING THREADS