Phoenix BIOS Boots in 1 Second, Loads Win 7

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
for those afraid of not being able to enter the bios i guess i have the uber solution.
press and hold a few keys on your keyboard and it will give you a keyboard error in case the bios is not set to hold at a keyboard error you could just unplug your hard drives and create an error that way.

However my guess would be either a key combination or a simple button on the I/O shield or mobo will be added to power it in to BIOS setup mode.

G

Beats my MacBook with OS X. I have always wondered when the Bios manufactures were going to find a way to speed up their end.

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
The BIOS speed is very nice, but look what they did to the GUI in the video. I could make my PC boot much faster too if I pulled out everything like they did. Hell, I'll just boot to a DOS prompt and kick everyone’s ass in speed.

jawshoeaw

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
Finally! My stupid computer spends more time in the bios screen than it does booting, now that I've put in an SSD. I even turned off software raid after the annoying extra five seconds added to boot times by a 2nd BIOS screen or whatever you call it (sub-bios???)
I dream of the instant on computer.

El_Capitan

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]r0x0r[/nom]If you don't mind playing it as a text only game and mailing your inputs to Crytek, then yeah no prob..."Hey I got mail from Crytek!""Whassit say?""You were pwned by Koreans. Restart?"[/citation]
Sounds fun.

"Those Koreans are too good. We need to upgrade our typewriters."
"It's no good. Have you seen how fast they type?"
"Do you think it's because the Korean typewriters are more efficient than our QWERTY keyboards?"
"I don't know. We should learn Korean and find out."
"괜찮아!"

[citation][nom]major7up[/nom]Now if we could just work some magic on the OS to make it boot in 1 sec that would be a dream come true![/citation]
DOS boots pretty fast when I'm going to make image backups. Use DOS. ;-)

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]El_Capitan[/nom]I hope they mark up the price an extra $100 for this special feature. F2, F2, F2.... damn it, missed it again! Reboot... F2, F2, F2... #@$![/citation]

Funny, yes, but why don't you just press the F2 and keep it pressed? Or the Del, F10, F8, F12 key? (depending on your computer)

alexie

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
There was a bios in the past when i use my 386. it's also can boot about 1 second :) I think booting in 1 sec is not a big deal. Let's wait and see.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]alexie[/nom]There was a bios in the past when i use my 386. it's also can boot about 1 second I think booting in 1 sec is not a big deal. Let's wait and see.[/citation]
Must've been a top notch system you had then! My video cards bios alone took 2-3 secs loading back then. Forgot what it was called ... tseng something I think.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
It'd actually be nice to have some sort of instant on in reallife! My parents say their new pc (i7-920 with cheetah drive) is slow, cause it actually takes more time booting than the old p4 2.4 it replaces. This is because of all the bios stuff causing windows to not load for the first 25 seconds or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.