[SOLVED] picking the appropriate Mobo

darool

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2012
i've elected to go with a amd b450, ddr4 compliance .... i was reading through this article.

i don't need any of the front-end attachments on my mobo and have never used them, often times removing them all, as the rear components (vid-onboard, usb slots, audio ports ... etc) i don't need. even some of the rear components i don't think i will ever use, serial ports, lpt ports, even the onboard ethernet card is really optional if the mobo has a pci slot for one.

the prob, i can't find a way, a pc specs to eliminate all these unneeded features. i just want to pay for what i want. been to pcpartpicker.com and also tech parts i believe. i started to even look at the individual specs, which is acceptable ... didn't see any relevant info beyond looking at a pic and seeing all of these front-end devices on the mobo ... i see no mention of the neon vegas lights, which i really don't care for.

my specs of now just looking at the mobo:

b450 chipset, no wifi, ddr4 capable, am4 socket

so is there a way to eliminate all of these, what seem to be oem boards w/ extra crap to up sell?

Solution
many of these things are simply "standard" on motherboards and can't be eliminated like that. front and rear panel headers and outputs will be there no matter what.

instead you should be looking at what you do need to determine what to get. rule out the extras like rgb, wifi and other true options like that. then what's left is what you can pick from.

more info about the system you want to build, its uses and other specs and we can offer more advice on a mobo. stock is limited right now and finding the right mobo is not easy to do. you may find a couple options and then not be able to find it in stock or at a decent price.

try to identify what you do need. how many sata ports, fan headers, pcie/m.2 slots and so on to help narrow down...

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
many of these things are simply "standard" on motherboards and can't be eliminated like that. front and rear panel headers and outputs will be there no matter what.

instead you should be looking at what you do need to determine what to get. rule out the extras like rgb, wifi and other true options like that. then what's left is what you can pick from.

more info about the system you want to build, its uses and other specs and we can offer more advice on a mobo. stock is limited right now and finding the right mobo is not easy to do. you may find a couple options and then not be able to find it in stock or at a decent price.

try to identify what you do need. how many sata ports, fan headers, pcie/m.2 slots and so on to help narrow down what your options are.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution