Question Picture issues tv as monitor

cletus_2

Honorable
Jan 2, 2017
So i have gone from my tripple 1080p monitors on my pc setup to a 46 inch 1080p philips lcd tv a 1080p 24 inch monitor and as the main display a 65 inch lg nanocell tv. All 3 are connected to my pc video card Geforce 1080.

I am using display port cables. I am having a hard time with the correct picture settings and or adjusting the picture settings so games dont look messed up.The "main" display being the nanaocell tv in the center its where i run applications and games etc. The other tv and monitor are for discord and misc apps etc. When using the lg to watch netflix etc on the built in app the picture looks great and 4k. When i switch to my desktop its hard to not have it set too bright and be able to still read things on the screen ie browsers etc. I have tried all of the onboard settings on the tv and i cant seem to get it right so things look good on a desktop aswell as in a game. In the pc display options it allows me to enable HDR settings for the lg tv. I find when using hdr in all the games it seems dark and when i turn to look at a character all the darks are way to dark especially when playing games that have a night time. I am looking for some optimal settings for the lg tv that work both in game and also in desktop mode. The tv model is : 65sm8100aua. I will note that i have changed the scale and layout to 150 % as to see icons and in browser writing better. It jsut seems the whites on a webpage for example are super bright. I appreciate any suggestions on the settings perticular for the lg tv. Thank you

cletus_2

Honorable
Jan 2, 2017
So i have gone from my tripple 1080p monitors on my pc setup to a 46 inch 1080p philips lcd tv a 1080p 24 inch monitor and as the main display a 65 inch lg nanocell tv. All 3 are connected to my pc video card Geforce 1080.

I am using display port cables. I am having a hard time with the correct picture settings and or adjusting the picture settings so games dont look messed up.The "main" display being the nanaocell tv in the center its where i run applications and games etc. The other tv and monitor are for discord and misc apps etc. When using the lg to watch netflix etc on the built in app the picture looks great and 4k. When i switch to my desktop its hard to not have it set too bright and be able to still read things on the screen ie browsers etc. I have tried all of the onboard settings on the tv and i cant seem to get it right so things look good on a desktop aswell as in a game. In the pc display options it allows me to enable HDR settings for the lg tv. I find when using hdr in all the games it seems dark and when i turn to look at a character all the darks are way to dark especially when playing games that have a night time. I am looking for some optimal settings for the lg tv that work both in game and also in desktop mode. The tv model is : 65sm8100aua. I will note that i have changed the scale and layout to 150 % as to see icons and in browser writing better. It jsut seems the whites on a webpage for example are super bright. Also this tv is 120hrz compatible and i am not able to change it to anything but 60 hrz in the nvidia control panel under custom resoIutions? Am i using the wrong cable? The display port cable im using is not a no name brand. I appreciate any suggestions on the settings perticular for the lg tv. Thank you