PICTURED: Multitouch EeePC Packing Pine Trail

Status
Not open for further replies.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Nice...and if they had a version with the N330 Atom @ less than $650 as an option that'd be really sweet too. One can wish.[/citation]

Not bad wish ( I like it) still I would give more priority over the battery life for this thing. If this commes with a comparable Asus 1005PE (which is aprox. 11-12 hours) this is clearly a tablet for a whole day.

SlyMaelstrom

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
Well there goes half of the Apple iPad sales. Horray for ASUS and it's prompt response.

B.T.W. ... Resistive Multi-touch. Do you think it's Stantum's technology?

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Long Version:

For some strange reason? How about inking in chemistry, physics, or calculus & post-calculus classes while other people using regular laptops put them away. Perhaps I'd like to load up GIMP or Corel Painter and do a quick sketch and/or painting while out and about, but I just by chance didn't have a fully stocked art bag with me. Maybe instead of having to tote around a kindle, I'll just get PDF versions of texts that are no longer under copyright and save buying and toting around a second device.

Anyway, blog posts I read hinted that the T91 and the T101 were originally coming out together... then the T101 was delayed... then they pulled some Apple-esque magic on the T91 (stuff like internal battery, downgraded ink unfriendly screen, etc) and like many others I opted to wait...

Short Version:

Hell yes I'd be interested in hearing more about this... cause I had to skip the T91 after they nerfed it against us Tablet PC users. This is the closest to my dream netbook.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
That really does look nice. I thought that Lenovo had something out that is similar (S10-3T) - it's in the $400-$450 range - not bad.

I'm hoping these things keep coming out so the quality/features continues to go up and the price goes down.

repnet computers

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
This is the net-book I have been waiting for. jot down notes at meetings and can use it with one hand with the touch screen, or flip the screen and get some work done while away from the office. Nice job ASUS!

jludvig

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
One piece of information I'd be very interested in, pretty please Jane, is the number of touch points. Most of the time multitouch apparently means "duo touch" (only two touch points), the better options have 5 touchpoints according to this wikipedia article:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Multi-Touch_Computers_and_Monitors
It makes a big difference for some applications, like control surfaces for AV production (VJ / DJ / music) - we all have 10 fingers, why use only two at a time?

jludvig

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
oh, and can I ask: why does the comment form have a url button if URL's are deleted?
fyi the wikipedia entry is called List_of_Multi-Touch_Computers_and_Monitors

shurcooL

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2007
What's there to get excited about? I guess you guys haven't heard of T91 and T91MT.

All this is is a slightly updated bigger bro of T91MT at 10". The T91MT had a lukewarm reception at best. It just turns out to be a mediocre device that's only really good for very few people.

I predict it won't have even 5% of iPad's popularity. iPad is just a much more user-friendly device that appeals to the masses.

Hint: The reason iPad > this lies in the Operating System, not the hardware. Yes, an OS can make that much of a difference. But also iPad's touchscreen > this device's likely TN panel which is horrible for tablet use.

Status
Not open for further replies.